Did hi-res audio files write to B2 disc? How to delete?

Jeff Omelchuck

Jan 7, 2018, 3:22:24 PM1/7/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi all.  I got a B2 for Christmas and am enjoying it.  Great kit!  Definitely better than Media Monkey on an old laptop and dealing with DLNA, etc.  It is a pleasure that when I hit play, it actually just plays!  I play it over optical spdif into a DAC and big power amp and it sounds good!

Question: I wanted to test if the B2 would play 24/96 flac files to my DAC, so I used a PC to send the files to the B2 over wifi.  Seemed to work - progress bar advancing, took a while.  However, the files never appeared in the library. I then read that the B2 doesn't handle hi-res audio files, just redbook.  This is not ideal but is acceptable.  However, what happened to the test files I sent?  Are they taking up space on the disc?  I can't see them to delete them if they are.  How to delete them?

Mick C

Jan 7, 2018, 6:12:51 PM1/7/18
to Brennan Forum
You can browse the B2 file-system by logging in to the raspberry pi using Putty. It's a command-line interface so a more user-friendly gui called WinSCP is freely available.

Brennan Support

Jan 9, 2018, 5:01:09 AM1/9/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff
Martin Brennan here - I'm on holiday so short answer
What file extension are they?
You would have had to upload to a named artist and album.
Can you find those and delete them?
Or use NAS.
Martin

PMB

Feb 28, 2018, 4:37:54 AM2/28/18
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jeff,

I have downloaded and played 24/96 FLAC music from the HDTracks site on the B2 successfully. Although the B2 doesn't have 24 bit conversion the tracks do sound more open and airy (both technical terms for better....) to my ears.

Paul
Brennan Support