Francis Klonowski

May 3, 2021, 1:13:36 PM5/3/21
to Brennan Forum
I'm not sure if I'm missing something here. I downloaded the mydb as suggested, transferred onto a USB stick then followed the USB functions to "Load Database". It flashed up a message something like "This is a large file", but then went straight back to the main display. How can I tell if it has worked?
The reason I wanted to do this was that I'm getting increasingly frustrated at the number of ripped CDs that I have to enter manually. In a recent batch of 10 I had to enter 7 manually which is very time consuming. Admittedly I buy a lot of CDs by little known artists, but 2 of these 7 were fairly recent releases by Rod Stewart and Status Quo.

PMB

May 4, 2021, 7:36:26 AM5/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Francis,

Is your B2 connected to WiFi (displaying an IP Address - something like 192.168.1.127) and the internet (displaying the clock)?

When connected the B2 will use the on-line CD Database whicj is usually more up to date than mydb.

Also 'mydb' can be down loaded from the internet directly to the B2 - if your B2 is connected - run 'Get mydb' from the Maintenance menu.

Paul
Brennan Support.