Software update 10th March 2022

PMB

Mar 10, 2022, 5:59:24 AM3/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

I see Martin has released new software today for B2 and B2B versions of the B2 software as a Web Upgrade.

10th March 2022
This web upgrade for B2 and B2B prepares your B2 for use with the new App. It also includes all the recent changes in the experimental releases. Apple Superdrive (B2B only), more presets, improved CD playback through Sonos, variable duration record from radio

Paul
Brennan Support.

Daniel Taylor

Mar 10, 2022, 6:37:49 AM3/10/22
to Brennan Forum
Wow - sounds like some good stuff.
Message has been deleted

Peter Lowham

Mar 11, 2022, 4:33:21 AM3/11/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

I have upgraded a B2 to 'B2B Mar 10 2022' and am running it now.  I'll keep you posted.

Regards,
Peter.

Dennis

Mar 13, 2022, 6:56:36 PM3/13/22
to Brennan Forum
For information, my B2 froze at "Rebooting" after updating, but restarted as usual after switching the power Off/On.

Software Version B2B Mar 10 2022 10:05:42
8192 tracks in 554 albums 285 artists
0 WAV 8135 FLAC 57 MP3 0 AAC
Capacity 480.00G Used 158.71Gb
USB 0 tracks in 0 albums 0 artists
5 Youtubes
Memory Usage

Thomas Mangano

Mar 13, 2022, 11:03:25 PM3/13/22
to Brennan Forum

My B2 unit arrived with the October 2021 software.  Is the March 10 2022 considered a beta release , or is this release now recommended to replace the Oct 22, 2021 release?

Ray Dion

Mar 14, 2022, 1:07:47 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Units come with the software on the date of manufacture. It is not unusual to have updates available when you open the box. The March 10, 2020 version is the latest supported version. Recommend you do the Settings >> Web Upgrade.

Information on production and experimental version can be found at  Latest Software new (brennan.co.uk)

PMB

Mar 14, 2022, 6:57:06 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dennis,

If the B2 gets stuck on 'rebooting' after a software upgrade try pressing any button or the rotary control.

And then check the 'Stats' to make sure the B2's software has updated.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Mar 14, 2022, 9:52:58 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Any one noticed that the number of 'Radio Presets' has been increased to 20 with the Mar 10 2022 release?

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2022, 10:03:04 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
No!

The bit i saw was that in the cog window you could now see the internal buffer sizes and current usage.

Jeff. M.

Mar 14, 2022, 10:21:45 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Paul I noticed the increase in presets! I've asked before, but artist and track info for radio would be a game changer for me. Any plans?

lesliebr...@gmail.com

Mar 14, 2022, 2:20:45 PM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Yeah, 20 presets now with latest software Paul. Cheers.

CF Randall

Mar 15, 2022, 1:06:34 PM3/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi folks,

What does the reference to an Apple Superdrive in the update notes mean? Does it mean I can use my old Superdrive as an external CD drive?

Thanks,

Chris

Daniel Taylor

Mar 15, 2022, 1:43:27 PM3/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Yes.  The release notes say "...now contains an option in Settings->Maintenance->Advanced to install a driver for the Apple Superdrive CD mechanism. Thanks to Struan for all the heavy lifting.
You can just plug the Apple Superdrive into a B2 USB port and use that instead of the internal CD mechanism."

Be sure to install the driver before expecting the Superdrive to work.

CF Randall

Mar 15, 2022, 1:48:19 PM3/15/22
to Brennan Forum
Ah, thanks, I hadn't read down far enough to see that in the previous (2 March) note. I need to stop ignoring the experimental comments :)