Roon and B2

susan teitel

Sep 1, 2021, 4:02:29 PM9/1/21
to Brennan Forum
As conversations have been about Spotify playing on the B2 I was wondering if I would be able to use the B2 with a Roon subscription?  If so what would I have to do on the B2 to make that happen?

As always, thanks for any help.

Susan

PMB

Sep 2, 2021, 3:02:44 AM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Susan,

The B2 does not have Roon functionality but it looks like it is available via Spotify and YouTube, so you may be able to play it through the B2.

Anyone else doing this?

Paul
Brennan Support.

JFBUK

Sep 2, 2021, 4:27:10 AM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Susan,

Roon will be able to see your B2 as a NAS but other than that I cannot currently see a way to integrate a B2 with Roon.
This is because the only inputs for audio content the B2 has are its HDD , SD card, USB drive (if connected)., aux input, and Spotify Connect enabled by Librespot.
I’m not sure that Roon can take Spotify as an input and anyway  it uses its own app to enhance and control how content is rendered.
This is quite a good article on how Roon works

John
Message has been deleted

David L Raines

Sep 2, 2021, 7:53:00 AM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
+1 for Roon.   I love Roon and use my B2 as a NAS with it.

On Thursday, September 2, 2021 at 6:47:36 AM UTC-4 Daniel Taylor wrote:
Paul,
Is there any chance that Martin will ever add software to make the B2 a Roon Endpoint?  That would allow Roon to control what music is played from the internal HDD.

JFBUK

Sep 2, 2021, 9:06:48 AM9/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

I neglected in include Bluetooth in my list of inputs for the B2 in my previous post !

John

PMB

Sep 3, 2021, 4:57:27 AM9/3/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Davidl,

I assume you are running Roon on a computer/tablet/phone and accessing the B2's HDD with it. Where does the music play? Please tell us more about how you use Roon with the B2.

Paul
Brennan Support.

David L Raines

Sep 3, 2021, 6:51:07 PM9/3/21
to Brennan Forum
I have a Roon Server which is required in any Roon setup.  That server is just meant to fetch music, organize, etc.   It's a tiny little client that you can run on Linux, QNAP,  Windows or Mac.  I run mine on my QNAP.     Then the clients are end points in which case I have several Meridian Speakers which have ethernet and show up as end points. They are Roon certified end points.   My Music Library is my B2 which I have the Roon Server pointing at \\192.168.1.205\music (the IP of the B2).  The B2 is acting as a NAS.

PMB

Sep 6, 2021, 4:21:03 AM9/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Davidl,