Long pause before recording starts vis 'aux' facility

Clitherowclan

Feb 4, 2021, 10:39:01 AM2/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Having put all my CDs onto my B2 with no problems I have just started recording vinyl via the 'aux' facility. This does work, the B2 reboots and recording does start but for some reason there is a huge pause between the Rec button being pressed and the data actually being captured on the sd card. The little red led starts flashing immediately the Rec button is pressed and I then drop the needle on the record, but once the data has been transferred to the hard disk via 'get recording' and you try play back there is 27 seconds of flatline on my first attempt and over 2 minutes on my third. Is this a known problem and is there a cure?
Thanks for any response.

Daniel Taylor

Feb 4, 2021, 2:22:36 PM2/4/21
to Brennan Forum
That would seem to be a new problem.  If others had experience it, I'm sure it would have been reported.

Someone is sure to ask you what version of software you're running.  If it is old, then it would be worth updating to see if the problem goes away.

Here is some well-intentioned advice, which you are free to ignore ;o)
Don't use the analog recording feature of the B2.  Do your recording on your computer using an appropriate program that was designed for that, such as Audacity (which is free, and very good).  Then you can trim the recording into separate tracks and Import them onto the B2.

Clitherowclan

Feb 4, 2021, 2:26:07 PM2/4/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Daniel but the unit is advertised as being able to do this and recording my vinyls was the reason I bought the B2 in the first place so I'm not so happy that it doesn't do what it says on the tin! Any other thoughts anyone?

PMB

Feb 5, 2021, 3:59:52 AM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Clitherowclan,

To confirm - Is the first part of the recording a silent section or are you missing the first part of the recording?

Please let us know which software version the B2 is running - press INFO on the remote twice - the B2 will display either B2 xxxx or B2B xxxx (where xxxx is the date).

Paul
Brennan Support.

bennyb

Feb 6, 2021, 5:14:28 AM2/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Excuse the obvious, friend, but have you got a pre-amp signal booster between turntable and B2?