Playing music problem

Alan White

Nov 12, 2021, 12:34:28 PM11/12/21
to Brennan Forum

Bought a new B2 about two weeks ago. Set up Web UI and Bose Bluetooth Speaker. Ripped about 70 CDs and played several CDs/ tracks – all OK. All tracks converted to FLAC ok. Backed up to new 2TB WD Elements hard drive ok. Now when I play any track it generally starts ok then the sound cuts out for 20 seconds then back on again, repeatedly. Have also tried via Bluetooth headphones and the same happens. Have run Scan Disk ok but problem still exists. Have re-tried for past three days but problem still there. Cant play any music properly at all. Help please!

JFBUK

Nov 12, 2021, 1:19:32 PM11/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Do you have any wired headphones you can try ?
This would help test if it’s just a Bluetooth issue.
Note that the output jack does not use the main B2 amplifier so you need to set the B2 volume up high to hear anything audible.

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2021, 4:17:59 PM11/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes, we need to establish if this is a connection ( bluetooth ) problem or if this is caused by a ripping issue- is the music data faulty or complete.

Fred

Alan White

Nov 13, 2021, 5:21:09 AM11/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John and Fred

Many thanks for your quick response.

I connected some wired headphones and the music played OK (tried several CDs/tracks) so it must be a bluetooth issue. The music data is complete as far as I can tell. Whilst I've previously disconnected/reconnected the bluetooth speaker I hadnt 'reset bluetooth', which I've now done and re-connected the Bose bluetooth speaker. It's now working fine - I hadnt realised the reset button clears the bluetooth sub-system (hadnt come across this in the on-line instructions). So thank you both very much - you've made a 72 year old a very happy man! Brilliant kit by the way. Kind regards,  Alan

JFBUK

Nov 13, 2021, 9:34:58 AM11/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

Bluetooth can frequency hop when its trying to establish a strong connection and you can get interference if it is having trouble.
I've had occasional clicking and drop out but a reset generally clears it

John