External CD drive

Ernie Woodhall

Jan 11, 2021, 5:12:21 PM1/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Can anyone recommend a good external CD drive for the B2? The suggestions on the B2 site are discontinued.

PMB

Jan 12, 2021, 5:09:45 AM1/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Ernie,

I have been unable to find a desk top drive like the discontinued LG shown on the web site. Most are the slim type now. I use the ASUS SDRW-08D02S-U, £23 from Argos.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Bob McGee

Jan 12, 2021, 6:33:34 AM1/12/21
to Brennan Forum
This one works great. I prefer the elegance of a slot feed vs the two hands needed for a drawer type.
It's size fits perfectly atop the B2 however it partially blocks the air holes.  I added thicker rubber feet underneath to allow more air flow.
LG Electronics 8X USB 2.0 Super Multi Ultra Slim Slot Portable DVD+/-RW External Drive with M-DISC Support, Retail (Silver) GP70NS50

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FK412GC