bb1 loading music

Elaine Simper

Dec 28, 2020, 8:33:44 AM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me, I got a baby brennan for Christmas, lucky me.  I thought I'd get a external CD player but the BB1 recognised it's there but the UI doesn't seem to have a rip option. It tells me there is a CD and how many tracks but that's it. I plugged the player into the mains with my phone adaptor as it came with a separate cable with a usb-b port in the back of the player. I've switched the BB1 off and on.
Any idea where I'm going wrong? Thanks for any help.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 9:09:01 AM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
I suggest you look at the Brennan web site pages here
Fred

Elaine Simper

Dec 28, 2020, 12:54:37 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
duh, already done that, it's also where it says to use an external cd drive

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 1:05:46 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Sorry, just trying to understand the details of your problem.

If from the Web UI you can see the number of tracks on the CD, are you saying that when you click on the "Rip" button nothing happens?
a.JPG

Ian Voce

Dec 28, 2020, 1:12:59 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum

Hi
 On my BB1 on the Main Menu screen, when I have a CD in the external CD drive, it shows “RIP CD” as the 5th item. I just do that.

Hop this helps

Regards

Ian

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 1:23:48 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
Please try to initiate the "Rip" from the web UI interface as detailed on the Brennan web site and see if that works
Fred

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 4:21:35 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
got this to my email

Elaine Simper
20:47 (32 minutes ago)
thanks for getting back to me. My screen has the line labelled 'CD status' and that's it. None of the rest appears, I tried 2 CD's as well.I did plug the CD player in, perhaps the cable it came with isn't a power cable and I need a 'powered usb hub' I'll get one when I can to try it. I have a B2 as well which I've never backed up so another option is to back that up but I've no usb or external hard drive to do it with

my response

Fred Hopper
21:19 (1 minute ago)

Ok, Elaine.

Thanks for that feedback. I wonder if your software is out of date?

What I would do next is try a "Web Upgrade" on your BB1
" Main Menu > Settings & Tools > Maintenance > Web Upgrade "

and see if that helps.

Fred

Brian Palenik

Dec 28, 2020, 5:12:54 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
I am having the same problem. I have been using an Apple superdrive. It looks like it recognizes it (icon appears), but the CD does not load or the rip icon appear.
Has anyone used the powered USB option and what would that look like? Thanks.
Brian

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 9:15:39 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
A powered USB is a powered USB extension hub such as
a.JPG

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2020, 9:17:20 PM12/28/20
to Brennan Forum
However please tell us what version of the BB1 software you are running. Have you successfully done a "Web Upgrade" to get the latest version?

Fred

PMB

Dec 29, 2020, 4:26:55 AM12/29/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi bppa,

The Apple superdrive will not work with the BB1 - like all Apple products it is designed to only work with other Apple products.

Any USB 2.0 compatible DVD/CD Drive should work without a powered USB Hub. I use the ASUS CDRW-08D2S-U (not sure if that is available in the USA).

Paul
Brennan Support.

Brian Palenik

Dec 29, 2020, 2:11:05 PM12/29/20