Bluetooth Headphones

Neil Archer

Jul 2, 2020, 9:16:19 AM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Has anybody had pairing issues with Bluetooth headphones with B2?

Edwyn Corteen

Jul 2, 2020, 10:40:06 AM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
No all mine work, however some have been giving customers grief. First thing to do is ensure you are on the latest firmware with the B2B version installed (this has extra programming for bluetooth) B2B Jun 29 2020 09:47:02

If the version you have starts B2 you will need to burn yourself a new SD card instructions on the Techy page. See  New SD card here https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/Techy

Peter Lowham

Jul 2, 2020, 11:09:26 AM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Guys,

The latest B2B version is now 'B2B Jul 1 2020' which has a few more fixes applied, so use this version.

Regards,
Peter.

Neil Archer

Jul 2, 2020, 11:22:58 AM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter, I am new to the B2, how would you go about upgrading your B2. Many Thanks

Peter Lowham

Jul 2, 2020, 11:50:21 AM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,

The first thing to do is to find out the exact version of software that your B2 is running on.

If you use the B2 remote control, press the 'Info' button twice and you should see on the B2 display panel a line showing 'Version  ............'

It will show eiher 'B2 <a date>' or 'B2B <a date>'.

The easier path is if your version is 'B2B <a date>'

If you post the exact details of this version field, then we can advise you further.

Regards,
Peter.

Neil Archer

Jul 2, 2020, 12:33:44 PM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter, thanks for the reply. My version is B2B Nov 6 2019.
Neil

Daniel Taylor

Jul 2, 2020, 12:55:42 PM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,
You're in good shape.  All you have to do now is Web Upgrade (Settings menu).

However, since you already have B2B software with the enhanced Bluetooth capability, I don't know if your problem will be solved.  I'm not the Bluetooth expert, but I think you have to clear the list of all devices that you have paired with and then try again with the chosen device.  Use the Reset Bluetooth command (Maintenance menu).

Peter Lowham

Jul 2, 2020, 1:04:50 PM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neill,

That's excellent.  Your upgrade to the latest release is relatively straight-forward.

From your B2 front panel, select  'Main' menu -- 'Settings' -- 'Web Upgrade'

This will upgrade you to 'B2B Jul 1 2020'

Check this by pressing 'Info' twice again and reading the 'Version ......' again.

Then you are ready to test your Bluetooth headphones.

Regards,
Peter.

Neil Archer

Jul 2, 2020, 3:43:54 PM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks guys, all sorted, great info again!

Peter Lowham

Jul 2, 2020, 4:14:54 PM7/2/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Neil,

Thanks for the update.  Great news that you are up and running!

Regards,
Peter.