Transport controls inaccessible coupled with image weirdness

Kevin Murnane

Jul 22, 2021, 3:02:38 AM7/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Problem: When using the original WebUI the transport controls are pushed out of the now-playing window (upper left corner) if the image for the album is too large. (The WebUI doesn't fit-to-screen? Really?)

Created a playlist with 10 discs from a box set. 9 of the 10 have images that are too big, the other has a smaller image which works. Deleted the image folder from one of the album folders with the oversized image. Ran Scan Disc. The Album window (lower right corner) shows no image for the disc as expected. Use the playlist to play a song from the disc and the now-playing window continues to show the oversized image and the transport controls are unavailable. Wait . . what?

Next tried copying the image folder from the disc with the smaller image to the Album folder that had no image folder (because I'd just deleted it). Ran Scan Disc. The Album window (lower right corner) shows the smaller image. Use the playlist to play a song from the disc and the now-playing window still shows the oversized image and the transport controls are unavailable.

This isn't making any sense to me. Where is the now-playing window getting this image from? How do I stop it?

--Kevin

PMB

Jul 22, 2021, 4:01:14 AM7/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Kevin,

There was another post discussing embedded artworks - link - something to do with Tags which were present in the original files. Might be the problem.

Did you download those particular CDs or rip them on the B2?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Jul 22, 2021, 5:58:09 AM7/22/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Kevin,

I think that Paul is correct.  The oversized image is embedded in each of the track files.  The lower right window uses the 'coverart.jpg' (or equivalent) file which is held in the 'album' folder, but the 'Now Playing' window will use the embedded track image if it is present.  If the embedded image is not present then the 'Now Playing' will use the 'coverart.jpg' file.

Regards,
Peter.

JFBUK

Jul 22, 2021, 6:21:27 AM7/22/21
to Brennan Forum
on the album art, my second post on this thread details what I discovered

John