Problems transferring a track from my iTunes library to B2 via WiFi

David Greenbaum

Jan 22, 2020, 2:33:58 PM1/22/20
to Brennan Forum
I've purchased a number of individual tracks from iTunes (as m4a files) which I've then transferred to my B2 via WiFi (Upload function)  Speed of transfer has varied and I've had many failures first time but all transferred in the end. Often I've tried rebooting (the B2, my laptop and even the main router) when I experienced problems. Generally, I've assumed that the slowness (often several minutes for a single track) was due to a weak internet signal - although I've not really found it to be weak in general. The most recent m4a track I purchased simply won't transfer. I know I could try using a USB flash drive but would prefer not to have to. Have other people found this problem? And any thoughts on why the process is so erratic?

PMB

Jan 23, 2020, 3:12:03 AM1/23/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

This does sound like it may be a network issue. Is the B2 and other devices connected via WiFi or Ethernet?

Check the WiFi signal at the B2 - WiFi Strength (Maintenance menu) - it needs to be at least -60dB (-50dBm being better and -70dBm being worse) and not fluctuate wildly for reliable connection. There's more info in our How To's pages - link - on the web site.

A good signal 'level' doesn't guarantee good signal 'quality', which is also important.

Paul
Brennan Support.