Transfer backed up music to iTunes or Sonos

kerryman

Mar 10, 2020, 9:12:43 AM3/10/20
to Brennan Forum
hi all,

another fairly newbie question !

I have finally completed importing my CDs into B2.  I would like the option of using the ripped tracks on other set ups, like iTunes or a seperate Sonos.

Can anyone recommend a good method to convert my new library into playable format for these ?  Presuming that to be mp3 ?

Or a good Apple Mac based program to covert the entire library to different formats ?

Thanks in advance and sorry if this has been asked already !!

john Henrick

Mar 10, 2020, 9:27:05 AM3/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi

Sonos can play from the B2 as the flac files

Just start Nas on the B2 then link the library to sonos as a music library share

kerryman

Mar 10, 2020, 11:55:22 AM3/10/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks John, I do have that working.. but I also want to get a separate copy of all that ripped music to play independently of the B2.

So if anyone has any recommendations on how to do that it would be much appreciated !

thanks

Daniel Taylor

Mar 10, 2020, 2:55:38 PM3/10/20
to Brennan Forum
You can copy all your music from your B2 in either of two ways:
1) Run the Export to C command (from the USB menu) which will copy all your music to the USB drive plugged into the C port.
2) If you have your B2 setup for NAS, you can copy from the B2's HDD to your computer.

Once you have all the music on your computer, you can import it into iTunes.

Mark Fishman

Mar 10, 2020, 8:55:19 PM3/10/20
to Brennan Forum
iTunes will not play FLAC, but it will play ALAC (Apple Lossless), so you could convert from FLAC to ALAC without any loss of quality. Or you could convert to AAC or MP3 for portable use.

On the Mac, a very good free conversion (and ripping!) tool is XLD.

PMB

Mar 12, 2020, 3:40:00 AM3/12/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi kerryman,

I would follow Daniel's advice to make a backup to an external USB HDD or memory stick (of sufficient capacity) as having a backup is essential.

You can then transfer the backed up music to your MAC for conversion to other formats. Keep the backup safe.

Paul
Brennan Support.