Bad Sectors?

Maui Jim

Jun 23, 2022, 11:26:56 PM6/23/22
to Brennan Forum
I currently have more than 4,400 tracks of recorded music on my B2.  However, portions of a few recorded tracks break up while playing as if the music files are corrupted.  The source CDs play fine, so perhaps there are some bad sectors on the B2. Is there a way to isolate or "mark" these areas of the B2 so they do not play, and re-rip the songs so they play properly?

Thank you.

David

PMB

Jun 24, 2022, 4:19:52 AM6/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi David,

Please use our new Forum page - link - for any new questions or to continue this enquiry.

As far as I know there is no way to locate and isolate individual sectors on the HDD. I suggest you try ripping those particular CDs again and check them on replay. If you haven't edited the CDs - renamed them etc - ripping then again should overwrite the existing ones. I suspect a bad rip rather than a bad sector - I would think the B2 would react if it encountered a bad sector.

Paul
Brennan Support.