Connectivity Issue

Mark West

Dec 27, 2021, 1:16:22 PM12/27/21
to Brennan Forum
I have a new B2 (Christmas present). The wi-fi connectivity only lasts for about 10 minutes and then drops off. When I use the web UI or the app to scan/check connection, it cannot locate the B2. If I shut off the B2 and restart, everything works fine for the 10-15 minutes, and then the same issue.The app scan locates the B2, I can see everything on the web UI, and the 10 minutes later, evrything disconnects, the web UI does not work, the scan does not locate the B2 using the app. Same connection issue with the Sonos speakers. I have tried multiple times (50+), different routers, different locations, and even a different house with a completely different router/system and get the same results. The B2 is only about 2 feet from the router. The internet radio will work for about 30 minutes and then drops off. The clock seems to continue working throughout. It may be the wi-fi dongle, seems to get very warm??

Mark West

Dec 27, 2021, 1:32:14 PM12/27/21
to Brennan Forum
The wi-fi signal strength bounces between -7 and -13, mostly -9.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2021, 1:52:52 PM12/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Not sure exactly what you are saying, there was a lot to unpack in your post. Your WiFi signal strength is Ok provided it is also stable. I
You say you have tried the Brennan in another house and the problem persists? Please explain or confirm further this is important.

Please
1) try your WiFi dongle in the other Brennan USB port.
2) if this does not work please try an connect the B2 using Ethernet
3) try rebooting your router.

Please get back to us with progress..

Fred

PMB

Dec 28, 2021, 5:15:37 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi westm,

I have read that a WiFi signal can be too high which can cause data errors. Try moving the B2 further away from the router as a test - aim for -20 to -30dBm.

You could also try Reset WiFi (Maintenance menu) and running Setup WiFi (Settings menu) again.

Paul
Brennan Support.