B2 to JB7 transfer

Paul Martin

Jul 27, 2021, 4:54:36 AM7/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello all

Just a quick question to anyone who may know the answer?

If I were to make a JB7 backup (in the JB7 menu) on a B2, are the FLAC tracks converted to mp3 so that the JB7 can read them?

A neighbour bought my JB7 some time ago, and is envious of the tracks on my B2!
I presume there would be no transfer of the playlist information, as I recall the JB7 had a maximum of 7.

Thanks in advance

Paul.

Peter Lowham

Jul 27, 2021, 7:09:20 AM7/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,

The B2 will not do any conversions during the JB7 Backup.  The 'flac' files remain as they are so the JB7 won't be able to play them.  There are application tool available which would do a conversion for you.

The playlist formats are different between the JB7 and the B2, so these are not transferrable.

Also, please be aware of any copyright laws when transferring music to someone else.

Regards,
Peter.

Paul Martin

Jul 27, 2021, 8:02:09 AM7/27/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Peter,

You’ve given a few good reasons there not to get involved.

Regards

Paul