“0.00Gb” used capacity!

Roger Harris

Jul 17, 2020, 11:52:41 PM7/17/20
to Brennan Forum

My B2 Settings & Status indicates: 0 WAV 13844 FLAC 7 MP3 0 AAC Capacity 2000.00G Used 0.00Gb Why does it show “0.00Gb” for used capacity? I saw a post suggesting to format  the HDD, but am reluctant to do so to rectify such a minor fault.

Peter Lowham

Jul 18, 2020, 6:09:46 AM7/18/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Roger,

I would not advise formatting the HDD at this stage.  The B2 is very good at protecting the 'music' folder collection, so formatting the HDD is rather drastic at this stage.  From the data that you have provided, I estimate that the 'disk used' figure should be something like 320 GB, so there is no problem with overall disk space, as you have 2 TB available.

1. Do you have an 'Export' backup that you could fall back on if necessary?
2. Does the B2 play music and show a list of artists and albums?

The first process that I would run is 'Scan Disk'.  This will rebuild the B2's internal reference database which the B2 uses to build the 'Setting & Status' report. 'Scan Disk' only reads the 'music' folder; it doesn't do any updating to the folder, so it won't do any harm.

Let us know how you get on with this.

Regards,
Peter.

Davywhizz

Jul 18, 2020, 12:28:05 PM7/18/20
to Brennan Forum
Do you know if it's ever moved above zero? My B2 has done this a couple of times but it's definitely been a reversion to zero after working as it should. The first time it happened I used "free space" in the maintenance menu, which seemed to jolt it back to normal.The next time I tried "scan disk" and am not sure if it worked, but it corrected itself some time later.

Roger Harris

Jul 20, 2020, 12:10:29 AM7/20/20
to Brennan Forum

Thanks for all replies. The Scan Disk function fixed this;

Capacity 2000.00G Used 470.73Gb