Losing iPad to Brennan connection

P G

Jan 25, 2022, 6:14:00 AM1/25/22
to Brennan Forum
My new Brennan works fine, no problems except one.

I’m using iPad to view the data base and control the Brennan which works for so long then loses connection with the Brennan. Sometimes, when going to the data base, there is no connection at all and the only  way to reconnect is to switch off the Brennan and re start, then it connects with iPad but this connection will eventually be lost.

I have standard Talk Talk / John Lewis broadband and router and have no other problems anywhere with other equipment. I have tried an extension to get the Ariel  dongle  nearer the router but it makes no difference.

Is this a known issue ? Are there any help links anywhere ?

Daniel Taylor

Jan 25, 2022, 6:35:28 AM1/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Please check your WiFi signal strength on the B2.  The command is Settings > Maintenance > WiFi Strength.
Your signal strength should be better than -50 (-40 being better, -60 being worse) and not fluctuate wildly.
To improve your signal strength, try the following:
Move your B2 closer to your router.
Switch the WiFi dongle to USB C.
Move your WiFi dongle to the end of a USB extension cable.  (as you've already done)
You can buy a new WiFi dongle that has an antenna.  Look for one that has the RT5370 chipset.
If none of that helps, you could try plugging a network cable between the inside back of the B2 and your router (and remove the WiFi dongle).

JFBUK

Jan 25, 2022, 6:42:40 AM1/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

To add to Daniel's detailed reply - an additional question.

Are you using the Web UI in a browser on your iPad or the Brennan App to control your B2 ?

John

P G

Jan 25, 2022, 7:42:44 AM1/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks so much for quick reply’s…much appreciated.

Okay Daniel I’ll check all your answers and re post with the results . Thanks for your time and  detailed answer.

JFBUK….I’m assuming it’s the first, that is using UI via browser on iPad to control B2 …(that’s the page with columns and CD lists etc ) I also have the simpler Brennan app (picture of a hi fi unit top right of page ) but most of the time it’s stuck on   “Connecting to Brennan “ and never seems to connect at all. I’ve tried as much as I can but never get any further. I think it’s connected a few times but soon loses the connection.

But in the meantime I will go ahead with the tips and re post my results..

P G

Jan 25, 2022, 2:57:11 PM1/25/22
to Brennan Forum

The Wi Fi speed seems good…..it’s -27 to -29  and constant.

I moved the Ariel dongle to the C usb socket and it seems to have made a difference. So far the connection has not been lost and the data IU page has not frozen.

I’ll post again tomorrow with a report but hopefully the problem could  be solved.

P G

Jan 26, 2022, 12:47:59 PM1/26/22
to Brennan Forum

So far everything is working as it should. Moving the wi fi dongle to C seems to have cured the disconnection
The IU data base on my iPad has been slow in responding but seems  to be  improving.