Web and App UI stops working, can't connect

Bob Worobec

Jan 18, 2022, 8:28:54 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
The web and app UIs on my B2 stop responding after a few minutes and there doesn't appear to be any way to restart them short of turning the box off and back on.

Help.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 8:49:48 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Please can you tell us how your B2 is connected to the router (WiFi or Ethernet) and if WiFi what strength signal the B2 is seeing.
If you look though the Menus here you will see the functions to run.
Maintenance (WiFi Strength) and possibly Advanced (WiFi Log)
You symptoms are typical of a poor connection to the Router.

Fred

Bob Worobec

Jan 18, 2022, 8:57:08 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
I'm connected via wifi.

wifi strength ranges from -21 to -35 dBm

JFBUK

Jan 18, 2022, 9:10:01 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bob,

your Wi-Fi strength is good.
Can you provide more info on your home network ?
Are you running a mesh network by any chance ?

John

Bob Worobec

Jan 18, 2022, 9:22:50 AM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
We have a router from our internet provider. Everything connects to that. No mesh. No customization. Strictly out of the box.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2022, 1:14:16 PM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Just in case!

Could you please shut power of everething Router, B2, Laptop/phone you are using for web Ui.

Wait a min, then power up everething again, starting with the router. After the router is stable, next the B2, wait a bit then the pc.

Does having done this cure the problem?

Fred

Graham Smout

Jan 18, 2022, 1:40:53 PM1/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi
1. Are you certain that you are connecting your phone via wifi to your own network router?

2. Can you check if other wifi networks for neighbours are perhaps interfering with the Wifi?
3. Are there any pieces of equipment such as microwave ovens or TV sets ( operated by you or neighbours ) that might be interfering with the wifi signal ?
4. There is a great piece of software called Netspot  ( https://www.netspotapp.com)  that works best on a lap top . Using this you can get  more accurate information about Wifi networks and strength and potential interference  from adjacent networks.
Best
Graham

PMB

Jan 19, 2022, 4:20:32 AM1/19/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bobwo...,

What computer OS are you using (Win 10/11, iOS, etc) and which app (Android or iOS)?

I would shut the app and only use the web UI while trying to sort out the problem.

Has the IP Address shown on the B2 changed?

Paul
Brennan Support.

mik...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2022, 5:23:50 AM1/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi - interested in this thread.

I have the same (or a similar) issue. App finds & connects (android) phone to Brennan; then some time later - perhaps not a long time - it may report that it "can't find any devices".

Close & re-open App, no improvement.

I have fixed the channel for the Brennan on my router; If I input this in via Manual Setup, no effect.

My Brennan is in the same room as the router, so it's not likely a connection issue.

Just removed & replace dongle - yes connection to phone restored.

Paul - do you think dongle itself may be dodgy? Or something in the box itself?

Any help gratefully received.

Apart from this, the B2 is a marvel.

:)

MS

mik...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2022, 5:38:49 AM1/23/22
to Brennan Forum
OK - reading the web-pages. Not sure if any of this is this is relevant:
Screenshot 2022-01-23 10.37.59.png

Yes my router has both 2.4 and 5 GHZ. It would be easy to re-name 2.4; but will that annoy the other devices in the household?

Or replace the dongle with one 5GHZ enabled?

Thanks.

JFBUK

Jan 23, 2022, 5:51:41 AM1/23/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

when you say

I have fixed the channel for the Brennan on my router;

Can you confirm you mean  that you have reserved an IP address for your B2 so that it always get allocated the same one by your router ?

There should be no need to change your  2.4 and 5 GHZ settings on your router.

The B2 only works at 2.4Ghz but the router "speaks" both  2.4 and 5 GHZ and connectivity between the B2 and your other devices is via the router.

If you try to connect from your phone using a browser and the Web UI do you get the same connection problems ?

Are you using the Brennan supplied dongle ?

Its possible its faulty or not quite seating properly ?

John

PMB

Jan 24, 2022, 5:48:27 AM1/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi mik...,

The iOS and Android apps are due for a 'service' and connectivity is on the list.

Paul
Brennan Support.

PMB

Jan 24, 2022, 5:51:04 AM1/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Bobwo...,

Try closing the app and use the web UI on it's own for a while - is it any more stable this way?

I would also try - close the web UI >> clear browser data (select 'cached images and files' for Chrome, etc) >> open a new browser page >> enter the IP Address from the B2 (check it hasn't changed) manually - rather than using a bookmark.

Paul
Brennan Support.