Apple G4 iMac speakers

Simon McCarthy

Aug 15, 2020, 10:27:15 AM8/15/20
to Brennan Forum
Hello All,whilst having a sort out in my loft ,I found an old pair of apple G4 speakers,(small speaker in a see through round plastic housing).
At some point the original plug has been cut off, I just wondered if I put bannana plugs on each speaker would my B2 work with them.

PMB

Aug 16, 2020, 6:13:48 AM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Simon,

As long as there are two separate pairs of wires, not 3 wires i.e. Left and Right and Common, they can be connected to the B2.

The amplifiers used on the B2 are bridged - that is they have an amplifier driving both the red and the black terminals, so you cannot join the two Black terminals together.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Stuart Learmonth

Aug 16, 2020, 6:43:20 AM8/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Definitely doable (there are a few projects posted online about connecting them up to other amps), but you won't get much volume out of them or a lot of bass response - they were never intended to be loud - but if you're happy with that, then go for it - otherwise, you might be better seeing what you can get flogging them to the "Low End Mac" users who love the retro Mac stuff?