Brennan NAS not showing in PC network after starting NAS

Kirk Haupt

Feb 12, 2020, 3:59:31 PM2/12/20
to Brennan Forum
To anyone that might help:

I'm trying to integrate Brennan into a new Sonos system but my Brennan NAS is not showing in my network after starting NAS

Sonos works fine by itself and my Sonos AMP and Sonos Move speaker both show as Network Media Devices

I have:
  1. Turned off McAfee as it was initially blocking the Brennan B2 IP address; McAfee was also blocking Sonos but that was corrected by turning off the firewall;
  2. All devices are on the same 2.4 WiFi network that the B2 is on; the WiFi signal at the B2 is strong
  3. The latest Brennan update is installed
  4. I have stopped and started NAS multiple times (received a "done' with each process), after the updates
  5. I have stopped and started NAS with the DLNA turned on and off, after the update
  6. Brennan NAS is not showing in my network, nor is it recognized by the add Music folders setup in Sonos Music Library
  7. I've tried typing \\Brennan IP address\music; username "root" and password "brennan" into the the Sonos setup--no luck
  8. I have spent some time with and Sonos and McAfee support--they concluded it's a Brennan problem
I see that this has been a problem in the past. Surely the majority of Brennan users are not having this problem?

I'm not very techy--I hope I've overlooked something simple.

Ideas? Thanks

PMB

Feb 13, 2020, 3:23:49 AM2/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Kirk,

Have you got the latest software as some changes were made for NAS - 9th January 2020 version software?

If you are using Windows 10 you may need to turn on SMB1.0 - please see this post - link - for details.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Kirk Haupt

Feb 13, 2020, 12:09:43 PM2/13/20
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul,

It was the SMB1.0 that needed switching on. My Brennan music is now beautifully married to Sonos.

The DLNA selection in the Brennan Maintenance Menu needed to be turned on; in the off position it didn't show.

On the Sonos end of things, I had to type in the IP address to connect the Brennan NAS.

Question: were the DLNA switch and SMB1.0 issues mentioned in your online instruction and I just missed it? Only learned of these things after digging through the forum and you own quick feedback. Lots of time, frustration and swearing. Update your online instruction?

Thanks again, Kirk

PMB

Feb 14, 2020, 2:08:45 AM2/14/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Kirk,

As far as I know DLNA doesn't need to be on for Sonos. You do need to Stop NAS and then Start NAS after the software update though.

I need to add the SMB1.0 info to the NAS & Sonos web page.

Paul
Brennan Support.