Could you tell me the settings to have HDMI on as well as Headphones on Thanks John

John Coggins

Feb 5, 2021, 9:46:46 AM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
Hdmi on plus Headphones on

Daniel Taylor

Feb 5, 2021, 3:31:49 PM2/5/21
to Brennan Forum
I'm not 100% sure about this, but I think that, because the HDMI and Headphone outputs take a different circuit path, you can't have them both going at once.  You might try changing the Jack Sense (Settings menu), but I think that only pertains to having the internal amp drive the speakers at the same time as the analog output.  Once the path splits off before the internal DAC, I think that's all you get.

If I'm wrong, then someone please correct.

Another option:  Does your device that receives the HDMI signal have its own headphone output?

On Friday, February 5, 2021 at 9:46:46 AM UTC-5 johncog...@gmail.com wrote:
Hdmi on plus Headphones on

John Coggins

Feb 6, 2021, 5:39:35 AM2/6/21
to Brennan Forum

Thanks Daniel I think you are right I have tried everything,  the only way is to buy a receiver that plays both headphones and music at the same time the one I have at the moment turns the sound off when the headphones are plugged in.Thanks

PMB

Feb 8, 2021, 3:38:55 AM2/8/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Johncog...,

Selecting 'Audio on HDMI (TV)' does turn off the internal amplifier and the Line Out on the B2.

Paul
Brennan Support.