Using Spotify

David Gorman

Sep 1, 2021, 1:40:23 PM9/1/21
to Brennan Forum
I have not got around to setting up Spotify on my B2. Does it work well? also how do you navigate spotify? Is it via the app or web ui. Thanks

JFBUK

Sep 1, 2021, 2:02:46 PM9/1/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi  David,

You need to install the Librespot software.

B2: Settings->Maintenance->Advanced->Get Librespot

The Brennan will reboot with Librespot running in the background

You still control Spotify from your phone/tablet/computer but the playback is via your B2 using what Spotify terms Spotify Connect

It is the Librespot software on the B2 that enables another device to see the B2 as a ‘Spotify Connect’ playback device.
The current Librespot implementation only supports Spotify premium accounts. In recent months  Spotify have released an SDK to allow Spotify free accounts to use Spotify Connect.
It is up to the individual device manufacturers as to whether they have updated their software/firmware to enable this.

John