B2 keeps changing to SD from HDD

David John Prince

Feb 24, 2022, 4:38:09 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi anyone got any experience or ideas as to why my B2 has started changing its source to SD from HDD without me touching anything. Over the past week or two it has started to restart itself and when it does it starts with SD as the source.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2022, 4:58:59 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Djp19

There could be, I think, three possible causes for this (can anyone else think of more?)
1) a "dirty" power supply to the B2
2) a software corruption
3) overheating - have you got good airflow round the B2

Are you getting any HDD Read Only warnings on your front display after these restarts?
How old is your B2?
and what version of the B2 software are you running?
have you had a time when your B2 did not boot properly but was left with Red and Green flashing lights?

Fred

David John Prince

Feb 24, 2022, 5:03:01 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred, B2 is under two years old, updated software last week (and again this morning) and yes I have once had the red and green flashing lights but that was a while ago now.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2022, 5:58:30 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Ok,

Lets see if a software refresh helps.

Either order a new micro  SD card from Brennan, or get if you have an SD card reader on your PC, get one from a shop ( anything over 8 Gb will do but no need to go over 16), then using the instructions on the Brennan web site, flash the software on to it.
You will need to take the back off the B2 to get to the SD Card (unless your B2 is old with a card sticking out of the side in which case you need an SD card not a micro SD Card). To get into the back you just undo the top 2 screws and just pull the back out about 4 cm to see the sd card slot.

Once you have the new SD Card in - from Brennan or your own, the first thing to do is a web upgrade to make sure that you are using the very latest version, as the Brennan card or the downloaded version will be slightly out of date.

Try this for a bit and see if it cures the problem.

Fred

PMB

Feb 24, 2022, 6:15:58 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi djp19...,

Let us know how it goes or if you need us to send an SD Card.

Paul
Brennan Support.

David John Prince

Feb 24, 2022, 6:28:23 AM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Fred, Paul, I will see how it goes for a bit.