Windows media player or itunes or ?

Richard Hugill

Dec 12, 2021, 6:35:45 AM12/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Having about 250 cds on both media player and iTunes what is the better way to transfer to a B2b. If I use my external hard drive can I transfer in one move or does the limit of 20 to 30 albums at a time apply. Is there a better method that I am not aware of as I previously did by cd in batches on my JB7. Regards.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2021, 7:08:07 AM12/12/21
to Brennan Forum
If you still have a working JB7 and the music you want on your B2 is on the JB7 now, then if you backup your JB7 to a new FAT32 formatted USB drive, then the B2's "restore" function will correctly move the USB drive's content onto your B2.

Fred

Richard Hugill

Dec 12, 2021, 8:35:29 AM12/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Sorry Fred the JB7 is with a very happy new owner hence my question.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2021, 9:34:12 AM12/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Ok, do you by any chance still have a backup from the JB7? If so that will do too!
If not then while the easy path is now closed, it is still possible to do what you need.I
I will explain in the next reply.

Fred

Richard Hugill

Dec 12, 2021, 12:13:10 PM12/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Found the external hard disk and windows media shows the listing and information Jb7 created 2014 but does not play advising it cannot access the files and recommends downloading Windows 11. So as far as I am concerned that is not want to do therefore I will delete the file and create a new file if that is the best option.

Richard Hugill

Dec 12, 2021, 12:42:29 PM12/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Due to moving house recently I have now found my ipod with most of those 250 cds tunes on it. Just have 7 years to add if I can load the old stuff to my computer.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2021, 12:59:21 PM12/12/21
to Brennan Forum
If that hdd is an old JB7 backup then connect it to your B2's USB C port and power the B2 up and using the front display and round knob (the menu system).
Go "main menu - usb menu -  JB7

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 12, 2021, 1:02:06 PM12/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Sorry " Main Menu - USB Menu - JB7 Functions - Restore USB C"

If there is anything retrievable on the old JB7 disk, this will retrieve it for yoy.

Fred

PMB

Dec 13, 2021, 4:57:18 AM12/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Richh...,

If the music in iTunes has been saved as m4a (AAC) or MP3 then it can be transferred to the B2. Apple provide a function to make a copy of your iTunes library to an external USB HDD (or SSD or memory stick) - see Apple's help pages or search online for how to do this - which can then be imported to the B2.

The external USB HDD or SSD will need to be FAT32 formatted first (the B2 can do this) i.e. before copying the iTunes library to it.

Paul
Brennan Support.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 13, 2021, 5:05:14 AM12/13/21
to Brennan Forum

Hi Rich

Sorry for not getting back on this sooner, I take it trying to recover stuff from your old JB7 backup did not work?
So lets go the "External Drive" rout.
You will need a USB SSD, HDD, or Thumb stick large enough to hold the music you want to transfer. (be aware that most large USB Thumb sticks are "fake" so if you purchase one do so from a shop not e-bay/Amazon)
The First thing you need to do is insert the USB drive device into the B2's USB A port and power up. (The B2 may not recognise that a USB device is attached - this is normal - just keep following the instructions).
Then using the front Display and the round knob go through the menus thus - "Main Menu > Settings > Maintenance > Format USB A" - and wait for the format to complete.
a.JPG
You can then remove the USB device from the B2, it is ready to use.
--------
You now need to load all the music you want on the B2 onto this USB device.
NOTE
The music must be formatted as described here
a.JPG
To achieve this, on your PC or Mac, create a folder called "music" and in it place all your music collection under a new folder for each artist. Then under these artist folders create a folder for each Album/CD for that artist and in these lower level folders place the tracks for that Album/CD - note you can also include a JPEG file containing the image of the cover  art along with the music tracks.

The B2 uses this folder naming structure to display its music holdings, it does not use any MP3 tags that may be present withing the music (although it does not mind them being there).
Once you have built your "music" directory, use your PC or Mac to write this to the USB device (DO NOT allow the PC or Mac to reformat the USB device).
Plug the USB device into USB C (or A) at eh back of the B2 and power the B2 up.
Then again using the front display and round knob menu system go - "Main menu > USB Functions > Import from C" and wait for this to complete
a.JPG
once complete
Press and hold in the Play/Stop button on the B2's front until "saving" appears on the display. Wait for the clock to re-appear then power off the B2 and remove the USB device.
Now power up the B2 and your music should be there ready for you to play.

Enjoy

Fred

Richard Hugill

Dec 13, 2021, 5:22:44 AM12/13/21
to Brennan Forum

Hello Fred. Many thanks for your replies, much appreciated. I will do as suggested, it seems that this can be done as a full download therefore saving the cd drive usage. Richard.