Album Compression

Paul Martin

Feb 21, 2022, 11:35:40 AM2/21/22
to Brennan Forum
Afternoon all,

Anybody noticed that compression of WAV to FLAC seems to be taking much longer when using the experimental software (December/January), or is it just time passing at relatively different rates?

Regards

Paul Martin

PMB

Feb 22, 2022, 6:23:39 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul_r...,

Have you done a comparison?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Paul Martin

Feb 22, 2022, 11:16:50 AM2/22/22
to Brennan Forum
Afternoon Paul,

Now that would have been the scientific thing to do!!

No, sadly just relying on memory. I’m sure that if there had been a significant change, others would have reported it.

Just as an indicator, I have put an album onto the B2 via Aux. Line in today.(I know, I’m a cheapskate, but I have to separate the tracks manually, and edit out the Spotify adverts for my trouble!). The album was 10 tracks long, total play time for the tracks was 38 minutes. (You can’t beat 70’s vinyl!!) The time taken to compress this from WAV to FLAC  was 33 minutes, or nearly ‘real time’

I’d be interested to know if any of the regulars think that’s about right, or seems to be too long.

Best regards

Paul Martin