Playlists on the GUI

Chris A

Feb 3, 2022, 6:23:42 AM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi

Having used my B2 for many years, I thought I was pretty familiar with its operation. However, having (finally) got round to adding my "Christmas" music, I started using playlists for the first time and have found a gap in my knowledge.

When I use the controls on the B2 itself, using playlists operate exactly as I would expect - I select the playlist I want, hit random and off it goes.

But when I try the same thing on the GUI,  I can get one track to play from the selected playlist but then the next track will come from the default "all tracks" (ie not  necessarily from the selected playlist).

Clearly, there is some very simple stage I am missing here so I should be grateful if someone could please set out the sequence of "clicks"/"taps" needed on the GUI which will allow the B2 to play randomly from the selected playlist.

(I am bracing to kick myself when someone points out the very obvious answer to this).

Thanks.

Chris.

Dennis

Feb 3, 2022, 7:10:04 PM2/3/22
to Brennan Forum
You may find the answer in post 2 of this thread:

Chris A

Feb 4, 2022, 6:18:33 AM2/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dennis

Thanks for the suggestion - which I tried -  but that's not solved it. My issue isn't due to a "contaminated" playlist; rather, I believe it is most likely "user error" in trying to use playlists from the GUI.

When I select a playlist using the controls of the Brennan itself, the name of the playlist appears in the GUI (just below the Album, Artist, Track information) on the "Now Playing" screen. In contrast, no matter which way I try and select a playlist from the GUI itself, I seem to be unable to get the playlist name to appear on the "Now Playing" screen - which leads me to conclude that I am not accessing the playlist operation in the correct manner. But what would be the correct manner continues to elude me!

Any further thoughts welcome.

PMB

Feb 4, 2022, 6:44:43 AM2/4/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Chris A,

Just tried a Playlist on my B2 setup and after clicking the play symbol (to the left of a title) the Artist/Album/Track info is shown in the Now Playing panel. Have selected Random, after starting the Playlist playing and that appears to work too.

Try pausing the B2 and then run Scan Disk - Settings menu.

What software version is your B2 on?

Paul
Brennan Support.