Disc stuck in B2

Rudolf Stelzer

Oct 20, 2021, 4:46:33 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
I have a Disc stuck in my B2.

I have tried some of the things i've read on this Forum:
First i exported everything to USB-C, so i have a backup.

- upgraded the software to Oct 15 2021 (Web Upgrade)
- Run Scan Disk
- Reset the CD (Settings --> Maintenance --> Advanced --> Reset CD)

- Switch the B2 Off, by Saving, Power Off, then Put the B2 on it's lefthand side (Or righthand side or upside down) and put the Power On again while holding the Eject-button but the Disc just  won't eject

What to try next?

Kind Regards,

Rudolf Stelzer

Rudolf Stelzer

Oct 20, 2021, 5:08:39 AM10/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Happy to say that i managed to Eject the CD thanks to the post below:

Rudolf

JFBUK

28 apr. 2021 12:54:06

Hi ,

I don't know how technically confident you are but Its possible that a a command line instruction to the operating system on the B2 might work.

If you have a Windows PC You would need to download the PuTTY  application so that you can establish an SSH (Secure Shell) connection and sign on to the B2.

When you have downloaded and fired up PuTTY, select SSH as the Connection type. Type the IP address of the B2 and click Open. You should then see a terminal window with a login prompt. The user is root and the password is brennan.

The B2 sees the CD as device sr0 .

The command to eject a CD from the drive is

eject /dev/sr0