iPhone app

john.h...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2021, 7:20:14 PM1/12/21
to Brennan Forum
Can't access volume control overlaid by artist

Mark Richardson

Jan 13, 2021, 2:19:23 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
New app v 2.1 downloaded and had no impact on problem with the new app giving completely black home screen
Mark

MJB

Jan 13, 2021, 5:24:10 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello John and Mark
Can you be a bit more specific. What device (and model if its an iPhone) and also John what is displayed - is it a particularly long name for instance?
Photo would help is thats possible
Martin

Michael Morrison

Jan 13, 2021, 5:39:08 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
I am unable to use the app too.

As I have a vision impairment the settings on my iPhone are set to make the text bigger etc.
 which may well be something to do with it.

Do the others with problems have accessibility options enabled?

Mark Richardson

Jan 13, 2021, 6:21:32 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martin - the problem happened the moment I did the app update here are photos . Mine is iphone 7.
App is simply of no use to me right now
Last version worked perfectly
Mark

IMG_1459.PNG
IMG_1460.PNG

Graham Smout

Jan 13, 2021, 6:38:10 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Same here; new iPhone app has a bug. Using iphone SE - with iOS 14.3. Main page of app only displays blank dark screen . 2nd page disp;ayes OK
Graham

Graham Smout

Jan 13, 2021, 6:42:50 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
restarting the phone and reinstalling the app doesnt fix the problem either

graham

Rearwing

Jan 13, 2021, 6:54:28 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
I’m not sure it’s a software bug if it’s working on some iPhones. It might be worth deleting the app and then re-installing.

Mark Richardson

Jan 13, 2021, 7:12:06 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Dear all
i have also deleted and reinstalled the app .  I have rebooted phone. I have sccanned the b2 and bb,. I have updated software , rebooted.  I do not have accesibility settings in use.  The problem happened the moment I installed the new app on my iPhone 7

For avoidance of doubt I love the brennan and have a jb7 b2 and bb1. Other wise very happy. But the app doesnt work for me.  Im now using the browser interface on Chrome. This works fine. I will just live with it . Just a shame. It was fine last week.

regards
Mark

MJB

Jan 13, 2021, 7:21:52 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mark, Michael and others
Thanks for the extra detail - we have just pushed a fix that addresses the black screen on iPhone 5 - I'm not sure if that will help as you mention iPhone7 and it will take 12 hours for Apple to review. before you can try it.
I have just forwarded the extra details to the developer. More feedback will help so keep it coming
Thanks
Martin

Graham Smout

Jan 13, 2021, 7:31:50 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
definitley a bug across various vesions of the iPhone family. ( We have several in ours we can try it on)

MJB

Jan 13, 2021, 8:35:53 AM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All

Thanks again for the feedback - we tested the latest release 2.0.2 with the Display Zoom setting (we assume that is the accessibility feature mentioned above) and the black screen problem was fixed. You will be able to update the app once Apple have tested and approved - typically about 12 hours I believe.

If you can provide any information (screenshots ideally) on the hidden volume problem that will help us fix it.

Martin

Mark Richardson

Jan 13, 2021, 4:34:49 PM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you the Brennan Team the  2.0.2 update solved my issues. Thank you. Very happy. Once again thanks for the responsive and creative approach you take always involving our community of users.
All the very best
Mark

john.h...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2021, 4:52:13 PM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
Martin

New version has resolved the overlay problem I was using an iPhone 6 plus for testing

One other issue when volume slider is  touched volume lowers on a sonos speaker if moved to the right the volume increases but the pointer moves back
Doesn't increase to full.volume on the sonos speaker if checked in sonos app I am using
S2

Great app otherwise

John

john.h...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2021, 4:59:06 PM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
On the volume issue slider works fine on web UI but volume max is only just over 60%  of max sonos volume

Michael Morrison

Jan 13, 2021, 5:00:01 PM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
3E682968-10A7-4D98-8A31-EFF48895C631.png
Yay - it’s working now for me too!!
On Wednesday, 13 January 2021 at 21:52:13 UTC john.h...@gmail.com wrote:
Message has been deleted

john.h...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2021, 5:09:02 PM1/13/21
to Brennan Forum
See pictures for volume difference on sonos Screenshot_20210113-220030__01.jpgScreenshot_20210113-220042.jpg

MJB

Jan 14, 2021, 8:46:18 AM1/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi John

Thanks for that - I think thats in my domain (as opposed to the app) - I will aim to remedy n the next software release

Martin

john.h...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2021, 8:55:22 AM1/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Martin

There's just the volume control issue within the app whereby it moves back and goes quiet as you touch the slider

John