can't access youtube

Peter Howarth

May 29, 2021, 8:28:58 AM5/29/21
to Brennan Forum
My B2 finds some tracks on Youtube, but when I select any I get the message "That didn't work try again"

What am I doing wrong?

Peter

Peter Lowham

May 29, 2021, 12:33:19 PM5/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter,

Is your software up to date (B2B May 12 2021).  Google is constantly changing the interfaces so it's a game of pursuit to maintain the functionality.

Regards,
Peter.

Peter Howarth

May 30, 2021, 3:47:53 AM5/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter, that was the first thing I did, but it made no difference.

Peter

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 30, 2021, 7:40:21 AM5/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Peter.

Can you please tell us which version you are on (use the cog icon on the Web UI or press "info" twice on the remote and look at the front display)
You software version (note B2 is different) should be as detailed here https://www.brennan.co.uk/itemcontent.php/content/latestSoftware.
If you software version is up to date, then the next thing to look at is - is you B2 seeing the internet properly. To test this try and play a radio station.

Fred

Mike Turbine-Hamilton

May 30, 2021, 2:25:53 PM5/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Fred,

I have the same problem.  The display shows: Software Version B2B May 12 2021 11:36:3.

I can access radio stations.

- Mike.

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 30, 2021, 4:55:06 PM5/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Well I am running the same version of software as you and I am not having any issues. So there is no bug there!
It may be that your SD card is having issues. How old is your B2?
Have you had any house power supply problems recently?

Fred

Daniel Taylor

May 30, 2021, 8:20:26 PM5/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Do you have WiFi or a direct ethernet connection?  If WiFi, what is the signal strength?  Use the WiFi Strength command from the Maintenance menu.

The standard advice that I've seen for this problem is to close your WebUI tab.  Clear your cache.  Open a new tab, enter the IP address of your B2 manually and try again.

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 30, 2021, 8:32:23 PM5/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Daniel

As they can play the radio and search YouTube, - it would seem to me that the internet connection is good enough for receiving YouTube music.
The problem is that having found tracks, the B2 can't play them. Therefore i think there is something else going on. I was thinking their SD Cards may be failing.

Fred

Mike Turbine-Hamilton

May 31, 2021, 4:28:22 AM5/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Fred, Daniel, Peter -

I tried again this morning and it's working.  All I did last night was the standard Save, Standby, Power Off routine.

- Mike.

fred.w....@gmail.com

May 31, 2021, 4:40:04 AM5/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

Pleased to hear you are now OK,

It is important to remember that for Album Art & Names, YouTube and the Radio, the Brennan Units are accessing public, 3rd party (ie NOT under Brennan control) external, internet services. The owners of these services keep on changing them
without real regard to who or what may be using/relying on them OR the (local region) internet access to them my go down. In such circumstances it appears that the Brennan has gone wrong when in reality it hasn't.
If the change is major it will affect all Brennans and there will be a hiatus in service while Martin modifies his code to cope (resulting in a new software release).

In you case it was evident that other Brennans were working OK so it was either a software corruption (SD Card failure) of your Brennan or a local area failure of the internet connection to the service (YouTube was down locally).

Fred

Daniel Taylor

May 31, 2021, 6:28:50 AM5/31/21
to Brennan Forum
HI Fred,
If you're able, please send me a private message.
Thanks.