YouTube doesn't work - have I missed something?

RichM

Apr 16, 2020, 2:38:49 PM4/16/20
to Brennan Forum
I haven't made much use of YouTube although I have done a couple of things on it with no problems. However, now I am unable to get anything. I can search and get a list of options but when I try to select one I get a message saying that it didn't work - try again.

I have the latest software, have powered off and on etc. I am using an Ethernet connection, but as I get results from my search, I can't see how it could be a connectivity issues.

I'm sure someone out there will have the answer.

Thanks,

Rich

Daniel Taylor

Apr 16, 2020, 4:06:00 PM4/16/20
to Brennan Forum
I don't know how old your version of software is.  There have been recent updates as they try to keep up with Google's ever changing YouTube interface.  So try updating your software.

RichM

Apr 16, 2020, 4:06:13 PM4/16/20
to Brennan Forum
Well I just tried it using the original UI original.html and it worked fine. It doesn't work with v3 or mobile.

Thanks,

Rich

DEKF

Apr 17, 2020, 12:01:38 AM4/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Rich, I've been having exactly the same problem with my BB1.  Could you explain what you mean by using the original UI and orignial html please? I would like to try that. Thnaks . . Dave

RichM

Apr 17, 2020, 2:39:01 AM4/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Daniel, thanks. I updated my software 2 days ago because I knew there had been issues.

Dave, I'm not an expert on this, but if you go into settings on the UI, you will see that there a number of UI versions you can choose: original, mobile, new, new mobile.

In a browser you can just type in the URL e.g. http://192.168.1.161/v3.html# or http://192.168.1.161/v3m.html or http://192.168.1.161/original.html

Cheers,

Rich

PMB

Apr 17, 2020, 6:18:02 AM4/17/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

YouTube doesn't appear to play new searches when using the 'new' (V3) web UI on BB1 and B2. I'll let Martin Brennan know.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Hugh

Apr 17, 2020, 11:38:56 AM4/17/20
to Brennan Forum
BB1 arrived today - but having same problem with You tube. Keep on getting message saying it didn't work, try again.  Any luck with resolving the issue yet?
Thanks
Hugh

PMB

Apr 18, 2020, 5:29:37 AM4/18/20
to Brennan Forum
Hi Hugh,

Just checked my BB1 and YouTube is working this morning (Saturday 18th) albeit a little slow to play after selecting a new search.

Do a 'Web Upgrade' on the BB1 and on the browser you are using 'clear browser data' and 'cached images and files'. Open a new browser page and type the IP Address in manually.

Paul
Brennan Support.

DEKF

Apr 18, 2020, 8:09:29 AM4/18/20
to Brennan Forum
Paul,

I did all the stuff you suggested and youtube is now working this morning on my BB1.
I also opened in Chrome, a completely different browser to Firefox the browser I have been using.

Rich, Thanks also or your reply this week. (i'm no expert either :))

Cheers  . .Dave