BB1 won't play MP3 files

Nick Llopis

Dec 15, 2019, 11:44:57 AM12/15/19
to Brennan Forum
Hello -

For some reason my BB1 has stopped playing mp3 files. I downloaded them and played them for 2 weeks, and they are visible on both the web ui and the BB1 but will skip to flac files when I try to play the mp3 files. I have used some of the settings recently to enable usb and dab, but can't see how they would effect mp3 files. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks
Eric

Message has been deleted

PMB

Dec 16, 2019, 3:28:48 AM12/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,

Try running Scan Disk - Settings > Maintenance > Scan Disk, which will rebuild the music index.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Nick Llopis

Dec 16, 2019, 9:22:46 AM12/16/19
to Brennan Forum
Thanks Paul - your recommendation solved it.

What was the cause of the problem?

Best,
Nick

PMB

Dec 17, 2019, 4:06:37 AM12/17/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Nick,

The BB1 generates a music index from the contents of the music stored on the SD Card which tells the BB1 where to find the music to play. If this index gets scrambled or out of sync for any reason the BB1 won't be able to find some/all music. Scan Disk rebuilds this index.

Paul
Brennan Support.