Stuck on DB Lookup

Glenn Terry

Sep 19, 2021, 11:52:43 AM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
I purchased the b2 toward the end of August and have been daily adding my CD's. Today I have had an issue with the b2 staying on DB lookup and the UI saying CD Loading. I thought it might be the particular CD so I rebooted the b2 and tried a different CD same issue. I then pressed Play/Stop and the b2 went into its saving mode and has not come out of the mode. Not sure what to do now.

Peter Lowham

Sep 19, 2021, 12:15:51 PM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi geter...,

At this stage, with 'Saving' showing for a long period of time, I would power the B2 down, wait about 20 seconds, then power the B2 back up again.  It sounds as though the CD unit got into a bit of a twist.  Let us know how you get on after you have tried this.

Regards,
Peter.

Glenn Terry

Sep 19, 2021, 1:20:46 PM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
It does not recognize a CD now. The UI continues to say CD empty and the b2 just goes through the cycle of information when it is idle. I am wondering if I might be better served using dBpoweramp to copy/convert my remaining CDs.
Glenn

Peter Lowham

Sep 19, 2021, 2:00:47 PM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Glenn,

If you go to the front panel and select  'Settings' --> 'Maintenance' --> 'Advanced' --> 'Reset CD'

and see if that fixes the problem.

Regards,
Peter.

Andy D

Sep 19, 2021, 2:05:06 PM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
I had the identical problem this morning for the first time. The system hung up in DB Lookup and nothing would function from the web UI or the unit itself. I turned it off and waited a few seconds. When I switched it back on, the CD was ejected. I attempted the same CD again and this time it worked properly, though it took an unusually long time in DB Lookup.

I just purchased my B2 two weeks ago.

Glenn Terry

Sep 19, 2021, 2:46:14 PM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Peter, Thanks for the help.  'Reset CD' appears to have fixed the CD problem.

Glenn

Peter Lowham

Sep 19, 2021, 2:54:05 PM9/19/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Glenn,

Great news!  Thanks for the update.

Regards,
Peter.

PMB

Sep 20, 2021, 3:34:23 AM9/20/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi All,

Martin B recently identified an issue with MusicBrainz where it would return an error message if it thought too many requests were being made to the database (it's security thing). On occasions the B2 will wait for a sensible reply and/or sends another request. The latest software - 17th September 2021 - for B2B versions only - fixes this.

So apart from Reset CD, try a Web Upgrade - Settings menu.

Paul
Brennan Support.