Headphone socket not working?

Dave Robinson

Mar 25, 2021, 2:57:31 PM3/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi all!

Well, I bit the bullet, and got myself a B2. Connected it up to my soundbar via HDMI, and all is good.

But, I've had a brainwave, and want to connect to a different portable speaker, for now, using the headphone socket and a 3.5mm jack plug lead.

But I'm not getting anything out of the headphone socket.

I've read on here that if you select audio on hdmi, it disables the internal amp and speakers, so I've turned that back off, but still nothing from the socket.

Any ideas???  Thanks.

Daniel Taylor

Mar 25, 2021, 3:11:37 PM3/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Remember that when you checked the box for "Audio on HDMI (TV)" in the WebUI, that disables all other outputs.  Rather inconvenient to switch between HDMI and other outputs.

Dave Robinson

Mar 25, 2021, 3:13:59 PM3/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Yeah, but I've unticked the 'audio on HDMI' checkbox, and the socket still isn't working.

Dave Robinson

Mar 25, 2021, 3:16:46 PM3/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Hang on..  It's working now!!   No idea what I did!!!  Ah well.. ;-)

Dave Robinson

Mar 25, 2021, 3:27:12 PM3/25/21
to Brennan Forum
Thinking about it, I think what happened, is that I unticked the check box to stop audio on hdmi, but I still had a connection to the B2 on my tablet, which was putting it straight back on again..

I closed all browsers/connections, turned off the audio on hdmi, and job's a good un.

Hope that might help someone in the future...

Daniel Taylor

Mar 25, 2021, 3:43:12 PM3/25/21
to Brennan Forum
That's an interesting thought about another browser running the WebUI could interfere with settings you try to make.  I hope I can remember that one.