Question Mark on Album Name

George Wych

Mar 14, 2022, 9:34:37 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Can anyone advise how to get a ? in an album name? I have an album called "Who Cares?" which my B2 lists as "Who Cares-". I have tried to edit the album name and have typed in a ? but it just saves it as a hyphen.

It's not exactly a big problem but would be nice to fix.

Thanks

JFBUK

Mar 14, 2022, 10:18:09 AM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi George,

"?" is a special character as far as the operating system is concerned and as such you can't use it in filenames.

John

Daniel Taylor

Mar 14, 2022, 3:20:00 PM3/14/22
to Brennan Forum
I've seen a lot of times when people substitute an upside down question mark.  And that's what I've started doing myself - often times it's dBpoweramp that does it for me.  Use this: ¿   On a Windows computer, you can type Alt-168.  I don't know how the B2 will handle that key sequence.