Brennan B2 Connection Nas and Sonos failed

Yroule

Dec 11, 2019, 8:21:10 AM12/11/19
to Brennan Forum

20191209_220113.jpg

20191209_215644.jpg

Hello,

I recently made the acquisition of a B2 Brennan. After the basic set-ups (wi-fi, update, compression flac, time zone and Nas Open) I try to do the set-up so that my Sonos Beam can play the music of my Brennan B2. Unfortunately I can not do it despite having followed the instructions. In my home network I see the Brennan B2, I can see the few CDs that I ripped in the network brennanB2 / music. But when I follow the procedure in the application of Sonos, in the end I have an error message. Sonos could not add the music folder, Reason: access to the shared folder \\ BRENNANB2 \ music refused. I used the ID: root and pw: brennan

Do you have an idea of ​​what I can do to solve this problem?

I am under window 10 for my laptop computer (no ethernet socket). I tried to connect the Ethernet Brennan b2 and Sonos but no more success. My Sonos app works well with my phone, tablet (android) and my mobile window 10. If I clic on my network, Bennan B2|music and then clic for a track of music, the trak is playing.

PMB

Dec 12, 2019, 4:15:19 AM12/12/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Yroule,

Try using the IP Address in the Sonos app e.g.  \\192.168.1.127\music   and then 'root' and 'brennan'.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Yroule

Dec 12, 2019, 10:09:35 PM12/12/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul,
Sorry but I don't know if I missing somethings. I tried my sonos IP adress in the Sonos app: 192.168.2.22. and I've the same problems. What I know is the BrennanB2 is Ok on my network (can play the music from the Brennan to my laptop) I can play  music from Spotify with the Sonos app from my laptop to my Sonos beam.
What I tried in the Sonos app. : Open music library settings, clic add, choose. In the Add Music from my network I select: Network\brennanB2\music, then enter the user name: root and the pasword: brennan, click enter but it where I got the box Sonos cannot add the music fil: acces to share file BRENNANB2\music is refuse.

20191209_220516.jpg

20191210_193811.jpg

I have a desktop but I cannot acces at the Brennan B2 , The name is different BrennanB2: root and if open it i hve this window (picture from my destop).
Have you another solution for this problem?
Thank you

PMB

Dec 13, 2019, 7:14:50 AM12/13/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Yroule,

It appears you have the miniDLNA option loaded and this may be stopping Sonos seeing the B2. Did you ever select 'Get DLNA' from the Maintenance or the Advanced menu (after 4th July 2019)?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Yroule

Dec 24, 2019, 5:28:42 PM12/24/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Paul

I tried the new usb patch to diseable the DNLA, but the connection with my Sonos Beam still don't work. The Sonos controller app still refuse the connection with the Brennan B2. Is it possible it's a network setting or my internet security software (Bitdefender) the problem?

I Have this message from bitdefender after trying to join Sonos and Brennan B2 :
Nous avons bloqué cette page dangereuse pour votre protection ( We bloked this dangerous link): https://serenityart.biz/1f7cbb02d08cf61dbb.js Nom de la menace : JS:Adware.Lnkr.A

Anny idea?

Thank you and merry christmas

VRB

Dec 25, 2019, 6:58:50 AM12/25/19
to Brennan Forum

Hi Yroule

i dont have a sonos system but it looks to me like a security setting in sonos because the b2 does not have a security certificate the sonos is blocking it becase it thinks it is a unsecure web address

when you connect to the B2 web browser it is in the top left just before the addres it says not secure

maybe there is a way to educate the sonos security setting to accept the B2

hope this helps

regards
                 Vince

Edwyn Corteen

Dec 25, 2019, 9:02:02 AM12/25/19
to Brennan Forum
for those with sonos issues, one post on the sonos forum indicated that the computer trying to access can no longer have a name longer than 8 characters and no special ones either, can anyone comment?

PMB

Dec 29, 2019, 7:58:27 AM12/29/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Yroule,

Does 'bitdefender' have an option to allow a connection you trust i.e. the B2?

Paul
Brennan Support.