YouTube history

Martyn Cowley

Mar 9, 2021, 12:49:43 PM3/9/21
to Brennan Forum
There does not appear to be a History page in the new Android App - all I see is 'Find music on YouTube' and a 'Search YouTube' box.
On the WebUI the History page shows two YouTubes entered from the previous app.
The Settings page has '15 YouTubes' but they do not appear anywhere.
If I enable YouTube cache the box is always blank when I return to the Settings page. Is this why they do not appear?
How can I access the 15?

PMB

Mar 10, 2021, 3:11:31 AM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Cadma...,

You do have to change to the 'web UI' view to see the YouTube history list.

Whilst in web UI view if you tap the 'spyglass' (centre panel) and then the 'video camera' (3rd from the right) you will see the cached YTs. These can be added to Playlists using the three dots to the right of the YT titles.

Are you saying that the 'enable YouTube Cache' isn't being saved?

Paul
Brennan Support.

Martyn Cowley

Mar 10, 2021, 4:52:32 AM3/10/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks for this - my version is not exactly as you describe: the spyglass defaults to the 'Artists' list with options 'Albums', 'Tracks' and 'YouTube' as text (no video camera). Selecting 'YouTube' highlights the button but the list remains the same until 'Artists' is deselected, then the 'YouTube' cache list is displayed and I can proceed as you say.
Clearly the YouTube cache is working as the YTs are there, but whenever I open the Settings page the 'Enable YouTube Cache' box is unticked.
Martyn

PMB

Mar 11, 2021, 3:15:09 AM3/11/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Martyn,

That's the top row of icons - look below the Search B2 box and you'll see 6 more icons - the video camera is 3rd from the right.

Click on the video camera and check if the most recent YT's you listened to are listed there - that may prove if cache is enabled or not.

Paul
Brennan Support.