Wonderful group

Dirk Sostman

Nov 13, 2021, 8:56:53 PM11/13/21
to Brennan Forum

Dirk Sostman <dirks...@gmail.com>
7:49 PM (1 minute ago)
to brennanb2

All

I recently purchased a B2 and it's exactly as advertised.  I was a bit nervous after reading all of the problems on the forum, but I'm taking it slowly and exploring the web UI, the app and the various functions.   The person who compiled the printable menu listing has my sincere thanks!

Apart from a bobble getting the unit to accept my wifi password everything has worked perfectly.  Although the wifi has had no problems I did also do the ethernet connection, which went smoothly.

So I would concur with the sentiment on the forum that the B2 is a great piece of kit.  I must say also that the group seems fantastic.  Whether it's Paul's concise and helpful replies or the ideas and suggestions from the members, it's a really positive, helpful and collegial group.

Great to be part of your community!

Dirk

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2021, 6:21:41 AM11/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Thank you for your positive words Dirk,

Re your Ethernet, if you are using that, I hope that you did remember to remove the WiFi dongle from the rear USB port, because having two active router connections can cause issues - its one or the other!

Fred

Dirk Sostman

Nov 14, 2021, 11:20:51 AM11/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Ah, no, the dongle is still in place in port A and the B2 is showing two IP addresses.  I'm being careful just to use the ethernet IP.

Will the B2 still connect to my Sonos system if the dongle is removed?  Via the router?  All of this network stuff is alchemical incantations to me.

As well as removing the dongle, is there a way to turn off the B2's wifi?

Thanks!

fred.w....@gmail.com

Nov 14, 2021, 11:40:24 AM11/14/21
to Brennan Forum
Yes PLEASE remove the WiFi dongle if you are connected via Ethernet cable - not doing so WILL lead to problems. Removing the WiFi dongle effectively turns off the B2 WiFi - at boot of the B2 the interface will not be built for it if it is not there.
Your B2 will still connect to you Sonos system with the WiFi dongle removed. It is the Router that handles all the connections not the Wifi dongle.
More importantly is your router giving you the same IP address each time? If not you should fix the IP address to be given to the B2 (in your router's settings).

Fred

PMB

Nov 15, 2021, 3:41:55 AM11/15/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Dirk,

Thank you for the positive comments.

The B2 communicates with the Sonos units via your router when connected through WiFi or Ethernet.

Paul
Brennan Support.