JB7

Mike T

Jun 28, 2021, 10:37:41 AM6/28/21
to Brennan Forum
My JB7 has lost all its save music & playlists. I have two back ups one on USB, one on portable hard drive., in both cases when I use the restore function I get the following '' Halted Code 5''  - any ideas ???

Rob Harriman

Jun 29, 2021, 3:21:51 AM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
I haven't come across this error with my JB7, but if you look at the web page for the B2 there's a section for JB7 and in there under Miscellaneous it suggests that some disk errors can be fixed by running 'Cleanup' from the Maintenance menu on the front panel. Give that a try and let us know if it doesn't resolve your issue.

Rob

PMB

Jun 29, 2021, 6:06:37 AM6/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Miket,

That sounds like a HDD failure.

AudioTech handle all JB7 related issues on our behalf. Please contact Jon on -   audiotechcontact   @   gmail   .   com   - with a description of the problem and he will get back to you.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Peter Lowham

Jun 30, 2021, 5:31:38 AM6/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

There are two functions for checking the HDD in the JB7.  If you go to 'Main' --> 'Settings' --> Maintenance' --> 'Disk Test', this function runs a full check on the HDD.

If this shows problems, then you can use 'Main'  --> 'Settings' --> Maintenance' --> 'Map Disk', this function will attempt to fix those problems on the HDD.

If this is successful, then the 'Restore music' function should work.

Regards,
Peter.

Mike T

Jul 6, 2021, 6:15:11 AM7/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks all,  have run the ''Map Disk'' program .. its taken 3 1/2 days ! ... but it seems to have worked and all the albums reappeared & seem to be playable, just checking now to see if any missing,  so may not need a back up re install .
Mike

Peter Lowham

Jul 6, 2021, 7:14:46 AM7/6/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Mike,

Good stuff!!  Yes, 'Map Disk' does take some time to run!  You might find that there are some albums or tracks missing; that depends on what type of corruption occurred in the first instance.

If you plug a USB stick into the JB7 and run 'USB Functions' --> 'Export Names' and then 'USB Functions' --> 'List Albums' , then you will get two text files that you can open up in a PC/Mac and you will be able to see a full listing of albums and tracks.

Regards,
Peter.