Is B2 compatible with Apple Airplay device?

Eric Bodger

Apr 7, 2022, 6:02:51 AM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
I have an Apple device that lets me feed a signal into my hifi from iTunes, over the wireless LAN.
Can I do something similar from the Brennan B2?  WiFi connectivity is clearly supported for Sonos devices, but I'd prefer to be able to get the higher fidelity of my Quad amps and speakers.

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 7, 2022, 10:29:21 AM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Eric,

Not sure quite what you mean, Apple devices are very "locked in and propriatory".
You can load music you own from iTunes onto the Brennan B2,   and using the B2 you can play what is on the B2 to your Quad system.
I too have a Quad system - amps and speakers - that I use with my B2 but i started with a CD collection not an Apple device.

Fred

JFBUK

Apr 7, 2022, 12:34:24 PM4/7/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Eric,

The B2 does not natively support Airplay.
The best way to connect your B2 to a heritage hifi is to connect the B2 optically to an external DAC and then
connect the DAC to one of the audio inputs on your hifi (probably RCA connectors).
This assumes your B2 can be placed adjacent to your hifi.
John

Eric Bodger

Apr 20, 2022, 4:54:19 PM4/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Thank you, John. I suspected as much,. I'll probably have to go with Sonos as the Brennan is at the other end of the house from the Quad equipment. Another option is to duplicate my collection on iTunes and use the Airplay unit that's already connected to the hifi. I was just being lazy and hoping to use the Brenan's lossless compression directly.

The physical separation is the only reason I'm not working as Fred suggests -- the Brennan has brightened my life with music in a place that didn't previous have anything except a "kitchen stereo."

Eric

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 20, 2022, 5:06:17 PM4/20/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Eric

 What is the reason why you can't locate the B2 near the Quad?

Fred