Reconnecting to Wi-Fi

Jacqueline Harris

Dec 28, 2021, 7:01:41 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
My Brennan used to be connected to Wi-Fi. The connection dropped and I can’t reconnect.
I have moved it right next to the router and followed instructions in the video but it keeps failing. What can I do - note I am not very technical?

J Rathbone

Dec 28, 2021, 7:44:31 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
BB1 or 2?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2021, 8:42:39 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
As a first step turn off the Brennan, then the router. Wait 30 seconds then power up the router again and wait 15 mins for it to boot and settle then power up the Brennan it may now just connect as it did before.

Fred.

Jacqueline Harris

Dec 28, 2021, 9:05:43 AM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
B2

fred.w....@gmail.com

Dec 28, 2021, 1:14:31 PM12/28/21
to Brennan Forum
Any progress?

PMB

Dec 29, 2021, 4:47:47 AM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jacqueline,

Try running Setup WiFi and see if any networks are found. If not the WiFi dongle may have stopped working.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Jacqueline Harris

Dec 29, 2021, 6:22:18 AM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
I have tried what you suggested and no luck. It does find the network and has remembered the password but still won’t connect.

JFBUK

Dec 29, 2021, 6:36:14 AM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jacqueline,

have you tried doing a Wi-Fi reset ?

From the menu

>SETTINGS>MAINTENANCE>RESET WIFI

then do a SETUP WIFI again

Its a bit tedious because you will have to select your network and type in your password again so its a bit belt and braces

John

PMB

Dec 30, 2021, 3:47:13 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jacqueline,

If that doesn't work try restarting your router - power it off (and the B2), wait 30s and then power it on again. Wait for your other devices to reconnect and then power the B2 on.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Jacqueline Harris

Dec 30, 2021, 9:42:10 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
The reset wifi worked - thank you.

PMB

Dec 31, 2021, 3:47:51 AM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Jacqueline,

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Paul
Brennan Support.