B2 and Sennheisser RS120 headphones

tony...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2021, 8:59:22 AM6/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Just been given a pair of Sennheisser RS120 wifi headphones. Charge them up, plugged into my phone and it played straight away. Superb detail that I have never heard before even with decent speakers.
So then plugged them into my 3.5mm jack out socket on my B2, ZILCH.
Any ideas anyone?

Cheers
Tony

Daniel Taylor

Jun 2, 2021, 9:12:11 AM6/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Prior to plugging the headphones into the B2...
1) Did other headphones work with the B2?
2) How is the B2 connected normally?

JFBUK

Jun 2, 2021, 9:13:43 AM6/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi Tony,

have you tried upping your B2 volume ?

I found this when I googled your headphones and it seems there is battery conservation cut out if volume is too low from the source

If the GREEN light doesn't come on or COMES ON AND AFTER A FEW MINUTES GOES AWAY when the transmitter is plugged into both a power source and an audio source then it means that the audio signal is is too low (or not getting to the transmitter at all). The transmitter needs a nice, loud signal to work with or the internal electronics will shut off within 5 minutes if no/very little volume is detected to conserve battery life. If this is the case then the signal level needs to be increased before reaching the transmitter. This can be accomplished by turning up your source on variable-level outputs (ie: TV Volume) or by increasing the signal from a fixed-level output (increasing the output level to the audio output jacks which is done through the TV set up options). Try increasing it in small increments to prevent overload which results in distortion. Also check to see that you are connected to outputs and not inputs.

John

JFBUK

Jun 2, 2021, 9:38:18 AM6/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Tony replied to me directly

Not tried that, just the default volume on the B2 (mid 20s?)

Tony,

its best if you reply to the thread so that others can see the responses :)

I just tried some headphones on my B2 and the sound was barely audible for volume = 26.
Even at volume = 64 it was hardly shaking my eardrums :)

I also found this  on some old Brennan info webpages

HEADPHONES

You can plug headphones with a small 3.5mm jack into the combined spdif/line out connector. The headphone volume is adjusted by the knob on the front.
Plugging in the headphone will normally disable the loudspeakers (but see the section on Jack Sense below).
The line out connector has shared uses so it doesn’t have a dedicated headphone amplifier or a true line level output for that matter.

https://thebrennan.com/pages/audio-connections

John

tony...@gmail.com

Jun 2, 2021, 10:06:59 AM6/2/21
to Brennan Forum
So walked away and left it for a couple of hours. Came back after reading the advice (thanks!) plugged in, turned B2 on, play and everything is hunky dory. Had to up the volume to 39 but perfect!
No idea why it did not work first time around, sure the connection was ok but who cares its working.

JFBUK

Jun 2, 2021, 10:10:21 AM6/2/21
to Brennan Forum
Result ! :)