BB1 - inability to connect to pc

AlanB

Mar 3, 2022, 5:11:41 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

I have tried to follow the instructions in:

1) select settings
2) select setup wifi
3) select my network from the "pick network" screen
4) enter thebrennan password

I then get a "success" flash.

But when I go into the Stats menu the wifi address is 10.0.0.1, which is not recognised by my browzer.

Any guidance on what I am doing wrong would be gratefully received.

Peter Lowham

Mar 3, 2022, 5:15:29 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi a.b...,

Your BB1 has got 'Hotspot' switched on.  This needs to be switched off.  To do this, do the following:

' Go to Main Menu' --> 'Settings & Tools' --> 'Hotspot Off' and click on this.  It should change to 'Hotspot On'.

Then go back to the 'Main Menu'  Your BB1 should now pick up an IP address from your router; something like 192.168.x.y.

I have raised this as an issue previously; the option is poorly named and should show 'Turn Hotspot On' or 'Turn Hotspot Off'. as many users have mis-interpreted these already.

Regards,
Peter.

AlanB

Mar 3, 2022, 5:44:00 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Peter

Thank you.

I changed the Hotspot off to Hotspot on, as you showed.

But when I went back to the main menu the 10.0.0.1 was still showing on the screen.

So I went back to settings, with "Hotspot on" still showing, selected Setup Wifi and my network, the password was still showing (typed as thebrennan - one word).

I then clicked the next button and got a "connecting" flash, which after some while turned to "failed". (I've tried it three times.)

Have you any further suggestions, please?

Cheers,

Alan

PMB

Mar 3, 2022, 5:51:52 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

The 'thebrennan' password is for the Hotspot only. You need to use the password for your WiFi network - the one you use to connect your other devices (computer, phone, etc) to WiFi. Look on the back of your router if you cannot remember what it is.

Paul
Brennan Support.

AlanB

Mar 3, 2022, 6:28:49 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Thank you. I think I am almost there.

Now I have the appropriate IP address on the Brennan window and a small penguin labelled BrennanBTube:root as a device in Computer.

When I click on the penguin a range of folders appears: Browse folders, Music folder, Picture folder, Video folder.

When I click on, for example, Music folder, a new range appears, Albums, Artists etc.

However, the folders all say they are empty, when there are many tracks on the BB1 loaded via a usb, which play perfectly.

Presumably I am doing yet another thing stupidly and again hope you can put me right.

Cheers,

Alan

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2022, 8:01:59 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Just a point, if the files are on the USB and have not been 'loaded' on to the BB1 then they will not appear in the BB1's NAS.

Fred

Peter Lowham

Mar 3, 2022, 8:15:53 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Alan,

The fact that you are seeing 'BrennanBTube:root' indicates that you have 'DLNA' running rather than 'NAS'.

Go to 'Main Menu' --> 'Settings & Tools' --> Maintenance' -->    then scroll down this list of items until you find either 'Stop NAS' or 'Start NAS' and also 'Start DLNA' or 'Stop DLNA'.

These should to set to  'Stop NAS' and 'Start DLNA'  to use NAS.

Regards,
Peter.

Message has been deleted

Peter Lowham

Mar 3, 2022, 9:57:47 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred,

Yes, we do need NAS, and this function is a toggle.  So when you see 'Stop NAS' in the menu that means that NAS is running already.  If you click on 'Stop NAS' that will stop the NAS and the menu option will change from 'Stop NAS' to 'Start NAS'

I have two BB1s and I  access them both through NAS.  The menu item shows 'Stop NAS' while NAS is active.

All somewhat confusing!

Regards,
Peter.
On Thursday, 3 March 2022 at 13:42:37 UTC fred.w....@gmail.com wrote:
Peter

Are you sure about the third last line above?
Surely to use NAS we need start NAS?

Fred

AlanB

Mar 3, 2022, 10:31:09 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Peter

Thank you for your patience.

If I may ask one more question. I see from the instructions how to remove all the music from the BB1 as a reset, but I can't yet see a way of removing individual albums such as the three that came pre-loaded. Is there one, please?

fred.w....@gmail.com

Mar 3, 2022, 11:39:10 AM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum
Did you know that your BB1 has a web page see:-
a.JPG
If you start this the Web interface will allow you to delete specific artists and albums. Clicking on the three dots ... at the right of names will open this ability.

Fred

AlanB

Mar 3, 2022, 12:25:41 PM3/3/22
to Brennan Forum