When to power off?

Daniel Lowe

Sep 6, 2021, 9:40:38 AM9/6/21
to Brennan Forum
I use my B2 most days. Should I power off at night?

Daniel Taylor

Sep 6, 2021, 9:50:04 AM9/6/21
to Brennan Forum
That's really personal preference.  Some people advise to leave the B2 on most of the time to avoid the wear on parts that comes with turning power on.  If you choose to leave the unit on, you might consider adjusting the display brightness and setting the screensaver mode to avoid premature aging of the display.

Screensaver
    Settings > Maintenance > Screensaver
      Settings for when B2 is in standby mode:
            0 = Screensaver is Off
        1..15 = Display Brightness when in standby
                1=min, 15=max
           16 = Display Off when in standby

Brightness
    Settings > Brightness
      Settings for when B2 is in normal use:
        0..15 = display brightness,
                0=min, 15=max

fred.w....@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2021, 9:55:48 AM9/6/21
to Brennan Forum
There is a wealth of discussion on the subject in the forum.
I think the consensus is to leave it on in "sleep mode" with the oled display set to turn dark and if you are not using the speaker sockets, with "Jack sense" set on.

Personally, as my B2 comes on with My hifi setup, I turn mine off ( had it since 2016 ) no issues touch wood.

Fred

PMB

Sep 7, 2021, 3:43:57 AM9/7/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi drlo...,

If you do power the B2 on and off each time you use it, as I do most days, make sure you do the correct power down sequence -

With the B2 paused and displaying the clock, press and hold the Play/Stop button until 'saving' is displayed before releasing the button. Wait for the clock to be shown again before removing the power.

If the B2 is already in Standby it is OK to power off without pressing Play/Stop.

Paul
Brennan Support.