No sound through amp

2badfo...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2021, 6:59:31 AM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I had not used the B2 for a few days, turned it on today and could get no sound at all. Everything seems to be working ok, the amp is recognising the B2 (it is coming up on my tv screen). Tried scanning and web upgrade but no change, any ideas?
Sheridan

Mark Fishman

Apr 24, 2021, 7:29:31 AM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
If there's a TV involved, are you using the HDMI output from the B2? Checkthe settings and make sure you should be sending audio throughthe HDMI output if that's the case.

Mark Fishman

Apr 24, 2021, 8:25:56 AM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Sheridan, please reply from within the forum, so that others (who have more experience than I with the HDMI functions) can also see and respond to your information.

On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 7:58 AM Sheridan Brennecke <...> wrote:
> I have also just noticed that the volume level on the B2 is much reduced when I turn it on. So I turn it back up
> only to find it much lower when I turn it back on.

The next time you turn up the volume, try "Saving" the settings from the front panel.

On Sat, 24 Apr 2021, 12:52 Sheridan Brennecke, <...> wrote:
> Thanks Mark for your reply, yes I am using the HDMI output. It has been the case that if I turned the B2 on
> before the amp there would be no sound but would be ok the other way around. Now no sound whatever I do.

You don't have anything plugged in to the "Line Out + SPDIF" jack on the back of the B2, do you? (unplug it if you do)
Also, try turning OFF, and then ON again, the HDMI audio output. Sometimes software settings get "stuck" and need kicking -- I've noticed this in Windows, too, so it's not specifically a B2 thing.

2badfo...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2021, 8:57:07 AM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
Nothing in the Line out+ SPDIF socket. Where would I find the HDMI audio output?

Mark Fishman

Apr 24, 2021, 10:15:28 AM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I could have sworn that this used to be on the menus available on the front panel but I can't find it, so use the web UI: click on the little gear icon in the upper left panel, which should bring down a bunch of settings. Look for this:
Audio on HDMI.png
If yours is off, turn it on; if it's on, turn it off, wait a bit, then turn it back on.

Mark Fishman

Apr 24, 2021, 11:23:00 AM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
On Sat, Apr 24, 2021 at 10:22 AM Sheridan Brennecke <...> wrote:
> Hi Mark,
> That worked, thank you so much for your help, I shall drink your health.
> regards
> Sheridan

Daniel Taylor

Apr 24, 2021, 2:01:37 PM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I see the "Audio on HDMI (TV)" checkbox on B2B Jan 26 2021 software, in case anyone is trying to figure out at what version it left.

Mark Fishman

Apr 24, 2021, 2:48:24 PM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
It's there on the web UI in the 14 Feb 2021 software; I just have this vague memory of seeing it in the menus (Maintenance? Advanced?) on the B2 itself at some point in the past, and can't find it there now. Memory is notoriously unreliable, of course. It's in the web UI, though, so that's probably the easiest way to find it.

Daniel Taylor

Apr 24, 2021, 4:19:52 PM4/24/21
to Brennan Forum
I got confused.  I thought it had disappeared from the WebUI but that it was still in the menu system.  Never mind.  ;o)