Aux In - No Ressponse

RandyT

Feb 24, 2022, 5:38:43 PM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
I've tried getting music to play via the Aux Input several times with no luck. I'm plugging in my iPhone to the Aux In jack on the back with no results. Yes, pressing/activating the AUX feature on the remote and my B2 is rebooting but after that..... nothing.

I figure I'm missing something some place and haven't found anything on the forum specifically about Aux In issues.

Thanks in Advance for the help!

Randy

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 24, 2022, 6:20:32 PM2/24/22
to Brennan Forum
As I understand it, if you are supplying input via the aux input, the B2 needs to reboot (I think you have achieved this) and while in this mode it will only output to its attached speaker cables from the plugs at the back of the B2.

Frec

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Peter Lowham

Feb 25, 2022, 4:28:22 AM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi Fred,

I stand corrected!  I'll delete the post.  Thanks for the correction.

Regards,
Peter.

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 09:13:21 UTC fred.w....@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Peter,

What you say is at variance with the Brennan web pages
a.JPG

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 08:58:01 UTC peter....@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Randy,

I think that the issue here is that the 'Aux In' can only record to the (micro)SD card into a file.  You cannot play directly from 'Aux In' to the speakers.  You will probably find that there is a folder on the (micro)SD card in artist name 'Unknown', album name 'Recording' and will be in 'Wav' format.

Regards,
Peter.

Paul Martin

Feb 25, 2022, 4:37:29 AM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum
I use the Aux line in to record albums onto the B2 from audio jack out on i-pad.

The audio comes out of the Brennan speakers, and when I press record on the remote, the music is recorded onto the SD card, B2 red light flashes. Recording stops when I press play/next on the remofe.

On completion, I change back to HDD via the remote, and ‘get recordings’, which transfers them to the HDD, and erases them from the SD.

However, as long as the audio cable is plugged into the Brennan, I can hear i-pad output. Volume on i-pad does have to be high, may be worth checking!!

Paul Martin

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 09:13:21 UTC fred.w....@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Peter,

What you say is at variance with the Brennan web pages
a.JPG

On Friday, 25 February 2022 at 08:58:01 UTC peter....@gmail.com wrote:
Hi Randy,

I think that the issue here is that the 'Aux In' can only record to the (micro)SD card into a file.  You cannot play directly from 'Aux In' to the speakers.  You will probably find that there is a folder on the (micro)SD card in artist name 'Unknown', album name 'Recording' and will be in 'Wav' format.

Regards,
Peter.

Paul Martin

Feb 25, 2022, 4:48:12 AM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Just as a P.S., if you try to record like this, remember to switch on ‘do not disturb’ on the Iphone or Ipad.
Many times I’ve ended up with an ‘ e-mail received tune’ in the middle of a track!!

At present, I’m putting all the music that I had on cassette onto the B2!

Regards
Paul Martin

fred.w....@gmail.com

Feb 25, 2022, 5:06:05 AM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum
For background information here is what the Brennan Web site says on this subject

a.JPG

RandyT

Feb 25, 2022, 5:21:32 AM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum
Thanks everyone. So it's not possible to simply LISTEN via the AUX Input unless you're recording or as Paul states, stop recording and simply listen to the input. I'd imagine the B2 would need to see some sort of constant signal to maintain this status. Not a huge deal but more understandable now.
My objective was to connect the headphone output from my computer to the Brennan to listen without the total crap computer audio. To do this I'm feeding my computer audio output to my DAC via USB and playing thru my main system. Sounds great but not as convenient.

Thanks again for the explanation and I'll be checking my SD card for music files.

Randy

Paul Martin

Feb 25, 2022, 5:29:05 AM2/25/22
to Brennan Forum

Hello Randy

I’ve misled you, it is possible to listen via Aux in without recording, but as I suggested, make sure your I phone volume is turned up high, AFTER you plug the jack into the phone. This volume seems to be independent of the i phones normal volume using the internal speaker.

Regards, and sorry for the confusion

Paul Martin

Paul Martin

Mar 2, 2022, 6:09:56 AM3/2/22
to Brennan Forum

Just as a follow up to the thread, I don’t think that the input from Aux. In goes through the B2 graphic equaliser before coming through the speakers.
The tracks always sound. a bit flat, but once on the B2 hard disk, play back is fine, and I struggle to tell any difference between tracks recorded digitally on the B2, and those recorded via Aux in ( which I have always assumed are analogue!

Regards

Paul Martin