HDMI Out?

David Dinwiddie

Sep 25, 2021, 11:44:18 PM9/25/21
to Brennan Forum
I've been trying to get the Brennan to output HDMI out as my DAC has 4 HDMI inputs.
HDMI Audio directs the B2 audio to the HDMI (TV) output.  I set the switch as directed.
But then
TV output - Raspberry Pi has an HDMI output - at the moment this is unused by B2 - actually you will see lots of diagnostic information if you attach a TV. I think a TV user interface could be a great - but I’m in two minds because the Web interface can do the same and more - because you can click on web buttons and links.
So which is it?

JFBUK

Sep 26, 2021, 6:18:37 AM9/26/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi,
Have you tried the HDMI fix
>Settings>Maintenance>Advanced>HDMI Fix
From the front panel menus
John

Daniel Taylor

Sep 26, 2021, 6:36:38 AM9/26/21
to Brennan Forum
The HDMI output for audio is the connection I use all the time.  In the WebUI, the box for Audio on HDMI (TV) must be checked.  The one problem I have is that my AV receiver (which has the DAC) must be already on and the correct input selected before I turn on the B2.  So when I forget, I just need to cycle power on the B2 and wait.

David Dinwiddie

Sep 26, 2021, 11:01:51 AM9/26/21
to Brennan Forum
"The one problem I have is that my AV receiver (which has the DAC) must be already on and the correct input selected before I turn on the B2" -- Bingo!  That worked for me!  That's going to take some time for me to get used to, but it works!