Not all info entered by B2

Andrew Smith

Apr 16, 2022, 12:43:54 PM4/16/22
to Brennan Forum
I'm new to the B2. I am ripping classical cds and I just get entries like 'Grieg'. I am finding
I have to enter the rest of the info myself....e.g  'Piano Concerto'.
Have I overlooked something? Thanks

JFBUK

Apr 16, 2022, 1:01:27 PM4/16/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi,

the B2 uses a publicly maintained database, Musicbrainz, to get information on the CDs you rip.
The accuracy and completeness of the CD information can vary dependent on the quality of the information uploaded to the Musicbrainz database
Try a search here on the catalog number of one of your CDs to see what info the database has  on it.

John

fred.w....@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2022, 3:51:56 AM4/17/22
to Brennan Forum
Also I found with my collection it was useful to download the "old" - now frozen, database catalogue to my B2 using the "Get Mydb" function.
a.JPG

or by this method
a.JPG

Also see this function which does lookup to the "live", internet based "Musicbrainz" CD database.
a.JPG
If you are using the Web UI or the Front panel to Rip CDs then also note that you will usually be offered more than one choice for the "name" of the CD. You can scroll through these in the Web UI or see them by
rotting the Front knob and then select the best match.

Hope this helps

Fred

PMB

Apr 18, 2022, 4:11:29 AM4/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Hi andrews...,

Please note there is a 170 character limit for any title (Artist, Album or Track) and exceeding this does produce some unexpected results.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Andrew Smith

Apr 18, 2022, 6:43:52 AM4/18/22
to Brennan Forum
Thank you everyone. That's really helpful!