Display On Web UI

Robert Wilson

Dec 11, 2019, 9:21:24 AM12/11/19
to Brennan Forum
Can anyone tell me why, with the HD playing, that the "time left" display always shows zero?

Daniel Taylor

Dec 11, 2019, 9:40:28 AM12/11/19
to Brennan Forum
It might be the WiFi signal is not strong enough for the display to be updating consistently.

Check your WiFi signal strength using Settings > Maintenance > WiFi Strength.  (I got that from the Brennan website on the Menu page.)
Your signal strength should be at least -60 (-50 being better, -70 being worse) and not fluctuate wildly.
To improve your signal strength, try the following:
Move your B2 closer to your router.
Switch the WiFi dongle to USB C.
Move your WiFi dongle to the end of a USB extension cable.
If none of that helps, you could try plugging a network cable between the inside back of the B2 and your router.  If that solves the problem, then it was definitely a WiFi problem.

Robert Wilson

Dec 11, 2019, 5:26:58 PM12/11/19
to Brennan Forum
Thank you once again Daniel but I knew before I tested it that it was very strong. It is averaging 49 to 51 and I have cctv cameras outside the house which pick up the wi-fi effectively. So it is not that.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 11, 2019, 8:27:49 PM12/11/19
to Brennan Forum
I'm short on ideas.  Does the WebUI respond as expected in all other ways?

Are you using any of the new, experimental WebUIs?  Or the original, tried and true?  What version of software are you running?
I ask those questions in the hope that it may help others to come up with something.

Robert Wilson

Dec 12, 2019, 4:05:17 AM12/12/19
to Brennan Forum
I appear to be running 13.56.33   18.11.2019. How do I know when it is experimental?

PMB

Dec 12, 2019, 5:01:43 AM12/12/19
to Brennan Forum
Hi Robert,

Experimental software versions are normally only available to load using a USB stick. Web Upgrades are not experimental versions.

18th Nov 2019 is the latest Web Upgrade version.

I would try 'clearing browser data', open a new browser page and type the IP Address in manually.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Robert Wilson

Dec 12, 2019, 10:29:00 AM12/12/19
to Brennan Forum
Thank you Paul.

I tried this about 30 mins ago. Initially a slightly different version of the UI page appeared. The volume control had a number attached to it (not before), the time left indicator was working. So I thought I would try the bass & treble control from the music note button. Amazingly the two slide bass & treble screen had been replaced by a graphic equaliser page. Presumably, this is the download you were advising me to do for one of my other queries regarding audio connection and absence of amplifier control. Following the instructions from the other post I ticked the enable button and it immediately killed the music. I ticked it again to switch off but the music would not come back. I pressed the "Flat" button first to give some content and then enable. Still no music. Also, when I returned to the home page the HDD was paused, the time left indicator had returned to zero and the play button was frozen.

So I ignored the UI and switched off at the mains and the usual commands to select an album to play. There was still no sound. All that was scrolling through on a blank screen was the I.P. address. I tried on/off several times more only achieving a blank display. On about the fourth reboot, sound was restored.

I am reluctant to try enabling the equaliser again until you have responded to this post. I might not get back my music.

PMB

Dec 13, 2019, 6:47:57 AM12/13/19
to Brennan Forum
HI Robert,

It sounds like there may have been a break in communication (WiFi) between the B2 and the web UI when you selected 'enable'. The equaliser should not affect the integrity of your music which is stored on the HDD/SSD. So it should be safe to try it again.

If the issue happens again try doing another Web Upgrade.

Paul
Brennan Support.