When playing an album how to see a list of songs and which one it is playing

Richard Bermack

Dec 29, 2021, 9:13:54 PM12/29/21
to Brennan Forum
When playing an album, how do you see a list of tracks and which one it is playing?
I've tried on the iphone app, the web, and also on the web ul with a desktop and it gives me the name of the name of the album and track but you can't see where you are in the album.

When I hit browse it take on back to the total album view, one would expect it to take you back to the album one is listening to

ayy

Also I find the web app on a Mac desktop very confusing the three windows, and how you navigate to play tracks. I understand how you can rename albums etc but picking what to play is difficult

PMB

Dec 30, 2021, 4:57:50 AM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Hi rber...,

If you are using the 'original' version of the web UI, the centre panel lists the Artists. Clicking on any Artist shows all Albums associated with that Artist, in the top right hand 'Artist' panel. The Album panel, below right, shows the Tracks for the first Album in the list.

When playing an Artist, Album or Track the details are shown in the top left hand 'Now Playing' panel.

To play an Artist, Album or Track click on the play symbol (arrow) to the left of the name.

To rename click on the three dots to the right of the title.

There is more info on our Web Interface page - link - on the website.

Paul
Brennan Support.

Richard Bermack

Dec 30, 2021, 5:58:11 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
this is helpful will study it over.

Richard Bermack

Dec 31, 2021, 3:07:18 PM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum

to Brennan
okay I figuredit  out, the Web Ul works slightly differently between the Brennan Speaker and the Sonos when you use the Brennan app to control the Sonos. However after reading the English website version with the link above, I configured the Sonos app to control the play back treating the Brennan as a NAS and now everything works great!  The Iphone version of the Sonos app works much better for what I wanted than the Brennan-- to be expected (given I presume  the amount of money their developer team has to work with plus note telling it to do two things at once)

with the Brennan speaker  the bottom of the right panel will list the files on the album being played, and the particular track playing will be reported in the left panel, and one can navigate can skip between tracks clicking on the triangle play button file list on the right.

With the Sonos speaker, selected with the Brennan app  controlling it is has more trouble navigating the track menu. And the track menu has less features on the Iphone as opposed to desktop.  I assume this is because I'm asking the Brennan app to do two things at once.  But with the Brennan controling the Brennan speaker and the Sonos controling what the Sonos plays things are working better.

The Iphone app still a little clunky  for having a list of the tracks on an album while one of the tracks is playing unlike the Sonos app but oh well, it's workable and much easier than trying to navigate the tracks on a CD let alone a record!   How digital technology can spoil ones expectations!

Happy New Year!
cheers
Richard

David Tellett

Dec 31, 2021, 4:31:06 PM12/31/21
to Brennan Forum
Hello Richard,
When using the iPhone app, and you are on the “now playing” window, touch the album name to reveal the album tracks, or the artist name to reveal the other albums from that artist. You can scroll and investigate these albums and tracks. If you hit the play icon next to a track or album, that will start playing.

If not, and you’re done browsing, If you touch the “playing” icon at the top of the screen you will return to the track currently playing.

Happy New Year!