Librespot

Todd Lefkowitz

Dec 30, 2021, 2:31:07 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
I would. like to use Librespot.  My B2 is a B2B software model.  When I go to Maintenance-> Advanced, I do NOT see a download/install for Librespot.  Suggestions appreciated

Todd

Daniel Taylor

Dec 30, 2021, 2:44:02 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
What is the version date of your software?  I think B2B level software was available before Librespot was added.  So you might have to update your software.

Daniel Taylor

Dec 30, 2021, 3:40:16 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Todd replied to my email:
 Used Spotify on my Iphone and was able to connect to the B2..I guess I found my answer

Todd Lefkowitz

Dec 30, 2021, 6:08:53 PM12/30/21
to Brennan Forum
Thanks all

My Brennan display show "Punch Through" under the word Spotify.  What does that mean?

Todd

Davywhizz

Jan 1, 2022, 8:24:54 AM1/1/22
to Brennan Forum
This from the Brennan website:

 "The Spotify Connect function can be a little bit hard to find (well it was for me).

Once connected the music will play through the brennan - not the phone/tablet.

Because Librespot is an independent app the Brennan doesn't get to control the Spotify music - you control it from the phone. In fact Librespot overrides (or punches through) whatever the Brennan plays. You can adjust the volume on the Brennan however.

To disconnect you need to select This Phone on Spotify

You can find a remove Librespot option in the Advanced menu if you decide you don't want it or if there is a more up to date version in future."